The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-803

Router wont get IP adress from ISP

<< < (2/2)

FurryNutz:
Any status on this?  ???

--- Quote from: redgarr on January 29, 2016, 11:52:04 AM ---The firmware version loaded is 1.23EU and Europe is then my region.

* What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?Cable

* What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?I dont have an ISP Modem the cable connects directly into the wall

* Is ISP Modem/Service using Dynamic or Static WAN IP addressing? They are using Dynamic IP adressing, i tried using the IP adress i was assigned on my computer as a static IP on my router and it got connected only I couldn't reach the internet on the computer connected to the router.

* What ISP Modem service link speeds UP and Down do you have? 250 MBit down and 100 up

* By-pass the main host router and check internet connection by connecting a wired LAN PC directly to the ISP modem to verify connection access and ISP speeds. This works, i do have full connectivity if I bypass the routers

* Check cable between Modem and Router, swap out to be sure. I have tried 3 different cat 6 cables and they all produce the same result

* Check ISP MTU requirements, Cable is usually 1500, DSL is around 1492 down to 1472. The router is set to 1500 and I confirmed with my ISP and this is correct

* For DSL/PPPoE connections on the router, ensure that "Always ON" option is enabled. Is this relevant even though I am using cable?

* If the ISP modem has a built in router... No ISP Modem and there is only one router in the network

Neighter of the two routers I tried works, they both react the same way and just wait on "Establishing..." indefinetely.

Thanks for the reply!

--- End quote ---

redgarr:
Hey everyone! Sorry for not updating on this topic but I have since gotten it fixed. It turned out to be a bad connection for one of the pairs in the ethernet port, I have since remade the port which led to my router getting an IP address and my internet connection to work. Thanks for all the help here guys!

FurryNutz:
Glad you got it working. Enjoy.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version