• March 28, 2024, 04:12:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Beta feature request for Rev A  (Read 6903 times)

freddy

• Level 1 Member
Beta feature request for Rev A
« on: December 08, 2009, 11:51:05 PM »

Since you guys don't seem like you are in a hurry to fix the wireless lock up issue in the Rev A version, can you add the ability to schedule a reboot on this router? All I need is the ability to tell the router to reboot every X number of hours or every day at X PM/AM. Because of the terrible firmware you have available for this router, I have to manually reset it once a day to re-enable the wireless after it freezes. It would be nice if the router could just reset itself. Most of the time, the admin interface is also locked so I have to physically walk up to the router and pull the power plug. That is by far the most shameful thing a router should need, but if it does need it, can it please be done automatically through the firmware? If the engineers at D-link are too busy grooming each other and picking out insects from your thick pelts, I can always sink my router to the bottom of the ocean, adding it to an artificial reef, and then buy a linksys or belkin or netgear or trendnet or airlink or a no name chinese/slave labor created router that works better.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 06:37:07 PM by freddy »

drick

• Level 3 Member
Re: Beta feature request for Rev A
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 07:28:24 AM »

+1 for this request, that would be an excellent feature, and easier than you guys trying to fix all the bugs with wireless N
DNS-323v1.8 + ffp 0.5
2x750GB Seagate HDD's / RAID1+EXT3
DNS-343A - retired due to faulty fan
DNS-343B - retired due to faulty fan
DNS-343C v1.05b + ffp 0.5
4x2TB Seagate HDD's / RAID5+EXT3
Netgear RNDP6000
6x2TB WD HDD's / RAID6
Netgear WNDR4500

phxtoyman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 11:09:52 PM »

I bought this router due to a delayed warranty replacement on my 655. I gave the 655 to one of my employees. I hate this router. Every 24-48 hours I must perform a reboot just so it won't slow down and lock up. Is there any hope for support on this one?

cyberbeach

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 11:23:13 PM »

See my post: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=13473.0

Basically, I use a digital lamp timer ($20 retail) to blip the router at 5am every day.

For me, this works around the dropped connections, slow-downs, apparent latency issues, etc.