• March 28, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WBR1310 Security Issues  (Read 6647 times)

atheis

WBR1310 Security Issues
« on: January 22, 2009, 06:18:22 PM »

Alright, sorry in advance for the lengthy post, however, I feel the need to be thorough. 
I have a WBR1310 and I think someone is repeateadly tapping into the network despite me utilizing all security methods possible on the router.  ( I even tried mac filtering)  All it appears that they are doing is changing my router setup page password making the router inaccessible unless i reset the whole thing. 

I tried using network magic to determine if there was another computer tapping into my router and thats coming up dry.  I think it is some basement dweller with too much time on his/her hands. 

Any advice to as how I can put an end to this?

pcguy

• Level 1 Member
Re: WBR1310 Security Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 10:46:52 AM »

First have you you checked to make  sure that the firmware is current. Disable UPnP in the configuration screen of the router. Scan your computers wil a good antivirus that is update to date, perhaps even do the scan in safe mode.

dangermanmi6

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 12:03:14 PM »

one other thing you can try is turning down the output of the transmitter to minimum or what is necessary.  The beastie comes out of the box at 100% if you turn it down to what you need that may help slow down any intrusions on your system.

Cartel

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 07:04:25 PM »

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=23135.0