• March 28, 2024, 07:43:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Hybrid port issues with Tagged and Untagged vlans  (Read 4504 times)

acsoprana

• Level 1 Member
Hybrid port issues with Tagged and Untagged vlans
« on: March 25, 2022, 07:11:07 AM »

Hey guys

The equipment when configuring to receive vlans on Trunk port and send vlans on Access mode ports is working perfectly, but on hybrid port where I need to connect a phone and computer on the same interface, the vlans do not go beyond the phone to reach the computer..

The ip phone has two network interfaces, one to receive the telephony vlans and another to receive and connect the computer's vlan, so the two devices use only one switch network interface. The phone works perfectly (vlan 700), but the computer can't get the ip (vlan 20) that should go through the phone..
On other switches we have (hp, aruba and dell) they work perfectly.

vlans
   700: voip phone with two network interfaces
   20: computer

port configuration

Eth1/0/2
   Vlan mode : hybrid
   native vlan : 700
   Hybrid untagged vlan : 700
   Hybrid tagged vlan : 20
   Ingress checking : enabled
   Acceptable frame type : admit-all
   Dynamic tagged vlan :

if you can help me i would be grateful

acsoprana

• Level 1 Member
Re: Hybrid port issues with Tagged and Untagged vlans
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 04:37:09 AM »

hello guys, after a lot of searching, checking and studying the Dlink manuals that are not very well explanatory, I managed to solve the problem for the situation in the image below:

As I had mentioned, in other switches the voip devices work on hybrid ports, but in the Dlink model it is different, it uses an access port configured for a common vlan for computers and on this it also encapsulates the vlan referring to the voip..

I will leave the commands and the links of the tutorials that helped me to solve my question:

first they must create the voip vlan and then activate this vlan to voice encapsulation

Code: [Select]
Switch#configure t
Switch(config)#vlan 700
Switch(config)#voice vlan 700

Then, in the interface that you want to work with the two teams as shown in the previous image, configure the port as access assigning the desktop vlan (vlan 20) and later also enable the vlan voice traffic and marking the output as automatic and untag. .

Code: [Select]
Switch#configure t
Switch(config)#int et 1/0/2
Switch(config-if)#switchport mode access
Switch(config-if)#switchport access vlan 20
Switch(config-if)#voice vlan enable
Switch(config-if)#voice vlan mode auto untag
Switch(config-if)#end

In this way the two devices worked perfectly, I hope I have helped in some way

Link to manuals and tutorials that helped me understand and solve the problem..
https://www.dlink-jp.com/product/switch/pdf/DGS-1510_Series_CLI_Reference_Guide_v1.70.pdf
https://eu.dlink.com/uk/en/support/faq/switches/layer-2-gigabit/dgs-series/es_dgs-1210_como-configurar-voice-vlan

MathildeBuxton

• Level 1 Member
  • Open for everything new
    • sloboda studio
Re: Hybrid port issues with Tagged and Untagged vlans
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 03:09:15 AM »

Thank you! your advice halped me a lot!
:)