• March 28, 2024, 06:39:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cannot reset admin password to factory settings  (Read 13125 times)

liwatson

• Level 1 Member
Cannot reset admin password to factory settings
« on: January 04, 2012, 04:32:47 AM »

I've lost my admin password and have now reset the DNS343 (via the reset button at the back) multiple times. However, when I try to access via my web browser (IE9) I keep getting the password error message.

Can anyone help?  Thanks!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Cannot reset admin password to factory settings
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 04:36:58 AM »

are you using the correct default login credentials?

username: admin
pw: [blank]
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

liwatson

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 07:33:44 AM »

yes, i'm using admin as my id and blank as pw

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 08:06:31 AM »

Try clearing your browser cache (including saved login credentials). Or try a different browser.

liwatson

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 05:19:21 PM »

thanks for the advice... i've now done both - cleared the cache & used both IE9 and Chrome - but no joy so far. the username seems fine (if i try something other than admin, i get a username error message) so the problem is the password.

btw, i've also tried using the easy search utility and in spite of a wired connection, it does not detect the device at all.

oblong

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 10:51:04 PM »

Hi,
I have the same problem, I had to reset mine a while ago. Until yesterday I had 2x Windows7, 1x WindowsXP & 1x MacBook Pro able to access the contents of the hard disks in my DNS-343. However since the reset I can't access the configuration or downloads page (using its IP address directly in a browser) or check any information on on the DNS-343 ie what firmware is on it. From any of the 4 computers on any browser.

I was able to access it from my MacBook until yesterday. I just upgraded to MountainLion OS & that's dropped the connection. Now when I try to connect from it to the NAS I can either connect as a GUEST or Registered User (but what is that as far as the DNS-343 is concerned? I'm sure there are none set up at the DNS-343...) but no logins work, admin/[blank], admin/admin, admin/password, [blank]/[blank]. So it will show me the DNS-343 & the shared folders I've created on it, but I'm not allowed to browse into any of the folders within the shares. I presume this is to do with the ML OS upgrade, but I can't look at any info on the DNS-343 due to the login not working.

Any / all help / suggestions appreciated to help me be able to access the configuration, perform firmware upgrades & access the contents from my MacBook.

Thanks
Ob

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 05:29:04 AM »

Hi,
I have the same problem, I had to reset mine a while ago. Until yesterday I had 2x Windows7, 1x WindowsXP & 1x MacBook Pro able to access the contents of the hard disks in my DNS-343. However since the reset I can't access the configuration or downloads page (using its IP address directly in a browser) or check any information on on the DNS-343 ie what firmware is on it. From any of the 4 computers on any browser.

What "reset" are you referring to?  

thanks for the advice... i've now done both - cleared the cache & used both IE9 and Chrome - but no joy so far. the username seems fine (if i try something other than admin, i get a username error message) so the problem is the password.

I have the same advice for both of you: If you can access the web interface and the username/password combination are not working, you can try performing a factory reset. This procedure will erase all of your user settings but should not impact the DNS-343 HDD configuration or data stored on the HDDs. While the DNS-343 is powered-up, press and hold the "Reset" button on the rear of the unit for >8 seconds. The default username and password is:

• Username: Admin
  • Password: [blank]

Please read the following FAQ entry after you've regained access to your DNS-343s:
DNS ShareCenter - Configuration Settings File
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 06:15:01 AM by JavaLawyer »

oblong

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 03:25:37 AM »

Hi again,
'reset' was the one that's detailed in the documentation - there's a reset button on the case itself. It was the only way to reset it I could find documented. I have now found after ages & ages of trying different password combinations, that the login to the configuration/downloads area has not been reset??? It's still an old password I used to use. So basically the reset didn't reset the password, but it DID at the time mean I could use the other utility where you set up the shares which are visible to other devices on the network.
However having now solved this, I have another problem. My macbook used to see the DNS343 (alias NAS) just fine in Finder. I upgraded to Mountain Lion OS & it dropped it. so I have tried re-adding it. Finder knows the NAS is there just fine, sees the shares & maps them. But I can't access any of them. The folders inside the Shares all appear with a 'no entry' sign on them. I have logged into the Configuration of the DNS343 & checked, all the shares are set up to allow ALL users/groups Read/Write access. I have tried connecting to it as a server using its IP address, its Alias or just the auto-found path the macbook finds. I've tried connecting as a guest (used to work fine before upgrade), logging in using my unreset password, logging in using admin/[blank]. Nothing works.
Any advice???
Thanks in advance,
Ob