• April 19, 2024, 01:34:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-142 Deauthentication Received connection dropped  (Read 5966 times)

gbtex

DWA-142 Deauthentication Received connection dropped
« on: February 06, 2008, 03:22:28 PM »

I have been having a lot of trouble with my DWA-142 losing connectivity with my DIR-625.  Using windows zero config utility to connect in windows XP (SP2).  Have to reboot the computer most of the time in order to reconnect.  Sometimes I even have to reboot the DIR-625.  Meanwhile my laptop running an inboard 811g card just motors on like normal never losing its connection.  Checked the activity log in the DIR-625 and found that disconnect is always accompanied by an entry "deauthentication received."  I have tried the 1.2 beta driver, same problem.  Rolled back to older driver on disk that came with unit...same problem.

Have seen this subject on quite a few chats posted on the web.  USA based Dlink tech support has so far offered suggestions but no fixes (tech support on other side of planet usually says "uh, hum, yes let me ask someone.." then hangs up......)

DWA142 is on wife's computer so a little relief from the heat would be appreciated.....  thanks

Phantasman

Re: DWA-142 Deauthentication Received connection dropped
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 10:40:52 PM »

I've had the same problem. I had to change my whole network to not have security and it not only fixed the problem, but gave a better signal to my desktop thatb is running a DWA-642. It seems that the problem lies in the WPA2 encryption, which you have to have for 300Mbps. My firmware is 3.03 and I am hoping the new firmware will help this out.

Phantasman

Re: DWA-142 Deauthentication Received connection dropped
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 09:15:37 AM »

Well.....it seems that my choices for it to work right are.......

None, on the security choices, allowing me full access with 2 wireless print servers, and 3 wireless DWA-142s allowing for full 300Mbps.

or

WPA, that allows ll to work, but at only 54Mbps.

Since I live in the country, I don't have to worry that much about encryption, so None it is, and everything works great all the time.

I have played around with the WPA2 feature long enough. There is a Windows Update file for the DWA-142, but it didn't help. If your log is full of Deauthentication  lines, there is a problem with the WPA2 software on one end or the other.