• April 19, 2024, 04:34:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Q before buying  (Read 5828 times)

donlon

• Level 1 Member
Q before buying
« on: July 14, 2012, 08:41:01 AM »

Hi

I'm thinking of buying the D-Link DCS-5222L, but are confused about accessing the recorded videos on the MicroSD card.

I want to set up the cam on my wireless home network only, and block access to it from the Internet....i presumes that I can set the cam up like that, or ... ?

If I do this, can I see the Cam/SD card on my Mac or PC in finder, and get access to the recorded videos directly, or do I need to log in to the D-Link homepage ??

Thanks  :)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Q before buying
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »

By default, the DCS-5222L will not have any contact with the Internet unless you provide explicit access. The DCS-5222L should only be accessible via the Internet if you (1) setup mydlink access via the included software or (2) configure an open port via your router to provide outside access.

I do not own the DCS-5222L, so I can't describe exactly how to access the memory card. However, I do know that you can access the memory card within your home network and do not need to go to a D-Link Internet site to obtain access.

Here is a direct link to the DCS-5222L user manual (PDF) for further information: http://d2okd4tdjucp2n.cloudfront.net/DCS-5222L_A1_Manual_v1.00(US).pdf
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

pc4ever1

• Level 1 Member
Re: Q before buying
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 05:08:29 PM »

Can you explain how to:
However, I do know that you can access the memory card within your home network and do not need to go to a D-Link Internet site to obtain access.

I tried to find the functioning camera on my network but could not gain access to the camera other than through the web page. I also tried to ftp into the camera but that did not work as well. I'm stumped on how to set this up. Any help will be greatly appreciated.