D-Link Enterprise > DGS-3620-Series

D-Link DGS3620 48 Port Switch PoE Issue

<< < (2/4) > >>

TriniMontes:
Yes we have re-patched in all PoE devices as well as re-started the switches. They are not on UPS's, but on power strips.

Let me add that there is nothing really indicating that the switches were hit by lightning. The building lost power during the storm and when it was restored, the PoE on the switches was no longer working. This happened over a month ago and again 2 weeks ago with 2 different switches, but same model. However, we have a Cisco PoE switch that went through the same power outage 2 weeks ago and did not lose its PoE function. This Cisco switch is on the same rack and power strip as one of the switches that went out.

Trini

FurryNutz:
Would be something to look into for long term stability and safety. Especially if these are critical HW units, I would recommend checking into some UPS back up solutions. Wouldn't have to be expensive either. Just something to handle 10-15 minutes of time. UPS is best for handling power outages and storms. Power strips are not the best for this. Unless you can find really good power strips that actually handle power conditions.

TriniMontes:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on September 09, 2016, 06:49:05 AM ---Would be something to look into for long term stability and safety. Especially if these are critical HW units, I would recommend checking into some UPS back up solutions. Wouldn't have to be expensive either. Just something to handle 10-15 minutes of time. UPS is best for handling power outages and storms. Power strips are not the best for this. Unless you can find really good power strips that actually handle power conditions.

--- End quote ---

I totally agree with you and thank you all for your replies. They have been helpful.

Trini

FurryNutz:
Good Luck.

RYAT3:

--- Quote from: TriniMontes on September 09, 2016, 12:57:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: FurryNutz on September 09, 2016, 06:49:05 AM ---Would be something to look into for long term stability and safety. Especially if these are critical HW units, I would recommend checking into some UPS back up solutions. Wouldn't have to be expensive either. Just something to handle 10-15 minutes of time. UPS is best for handling power outages and storms. Power strips are not the best for this. Unless you can find really good power strips that actually handle power conditions.

--- End quote ---

I totally agree with you and thank you all for your replies. They have been helpful.

Trini

--- End quote ---

Out of curiosity, are the ports functioning as non-poe now?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version