• May 10, 2024, 05:50:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: EBR-2310 Bridge  (Read 12677 times)

Lonrem

• Level 1 Member
EBR-2310 Bridge
« on: August 14, 2009, 05:16:16 PM »

Afternoon ladies and gentlemen.

So I've been working with my EBR Rev. B for a while now and while it's quirky, I can live with it, but I've recently added in another router upstream of the EBR-2310 so I have a two fold question though the first one is the more important one:

1) How on god's green earth do I set the EBR-2310 to bridge a connection. I have a new wireless Linksys taking in a comcast connection and using 2 ports for my PS3 and 360 in my living room, then I've run one long ethernet cable to my office where I have our two desktop computers and the EBR 2310 which I use to split the connection to the two desktops. From what I understand this should be just fine and I should still be able to network with my 360 and PS3 for file sharing and the like and all I have to do is set the EBR 2310 to bridge mode, so how do I do that?

2)Second question is kind of contingent on the first in that, do I need to set my Linksys as a Gateway or a Router (those are two available option in it's 'Advanced Routing' settings.)

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 05:18:17 PM by Lonrem »

Alexandreg

Re: EBR-2310 Bridge
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 09:51:29 PM »

There is no such thing as a bridge mode on the ebr-2310

What you have to to is, either plug the router as if it was your only router. The "problem" is you won't be able to share files with the ps3 and XBOX... You will have 2 seperate networks.

To have one big network, you need a switch in the ebr's place. The good news is you can use the EBR's own switch for this... You need to disable the DHCP server and DNS proxy... And after this, you need to plus the cable from the linksys to one of the 4 LAN ports of the ebr... not the wan port...

You lose one port, but you have a basic ethernet switch.

alex

SabreCat50

• Level 1 Member
Re: EBR-2310 Bridge
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 09:15:44 AM »

There is no such thing as a bridge mode on the ebr-2310 ...
alex

When connected to the ebr-2310 via web interface, the documentation available says that is IS possible to set the WAN port to Bridge mode. But I confess that I cannot actually find where to do this.

Glenn in Omaha