• May 11, 2024, 02:22:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Sigh... problems adding a second hard drive...  (Read 1750 times)

jd1000

• Level 1 Member
Sigh... problems adding a second hard drive...
« on: April 01, 2011, 02:20:02 PM »

Hi all,
I have a DNS-323 which has worked perfectly for several months now. It has a 1TB WD EADS green drive in it.

Today I tried to install a second drive with the intention of setting up RAID 1. Its a 1TB WD EARS green drive.
As soon as I inserted the drive the device recognised it, brought up the options to format a new drive, and set up RAID.

Great! So it went through the format process, and then restarted... and then .... it kept saying new drive detected and looping the format and restart. In the end it somhow ended, and then started showing the message:

"The hard drives have been installed incorrectly. Please shut down the system and swap hard drive locations."

I did this. While I can access the content of the drive on the network, I cant log into the admin as I keep getting that error message.

Could the fact that one drive is WD10EADS vs WD10EARS be casuing this? Really sad and disappointed at the moment.
 ???

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

J

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
Re: Sigh... problems adding a second hard drive...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 03:50:40 PM »

What firmware version are you running?

Have you read the DLink disclaimer in regards to WD EAR drives particularly when setup for RAID? http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=12977.0

I would suggest waiting to see what the next firmware release brings as it is supposed to support the drives.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.