• March 28, 2024, 02:54:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion Dection photos on a server forwarded to a website. Is it possible?  (Read 5052 times)

mrsr71

• Level 2 Member

Is there a way to forward motion detected pictures that have been FTP’d to a server to a website ??? I’m utilizing a 930L & two 932L’s.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

I recall addressing this with you some time ago.  If the website gallery I suggested doesn't work for your ISP, you may have to use the HTML solution you were looking to avoid.

The only other user-friendly solution is to find an automated alternative. I would think there are many solutions out there for displaying images in an FTP directory on a website. Try using google and see what you come up with.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

mrsr71

• Level 2 Member

Try using google and see what you come up with.

I did but came-up with nothing  :'(

Kerflumper

• Level 1 Member

You might try something like Coppermine.  That's just off the top of my head.  It might require some scripting to get them in once they're on the FTP, but it's something to look at.

snav

• Level 1 Member

What kind of site you are trying to publish images on.. html, jsp, or publishing software like joomla or wordpress?
Are you in charge of the server or are you "renting" a site?

As someone already said, i found several solutions, but it depends on what plattform You are running on and which possibilities You have the install/edit things on the server.

If you only want the latest pic it must be possible to publish a image and then get the camera-ftp client to overwrite that image...

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:23:29 AM by snav »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

What kind of site you are trying to publish images on.. html, jsp, or publishing software like joomla or wordpress?
Are you in charge of the server or are you "renting" a site?

As someone already said, i found several solutions, but it depends on what plattform You are running on and which possibilities You have the install/edit things on the server.

If you only want the latest pic it must be possible to publish a image and then get the camera-ftp client to overwrite that image...

From my understanding, he's looking to push motion detection captures to an FTP server and implement  a web-based gallery that dynamically loads the images located in the FTP server image directory.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:48:52 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

mrsr71

• Level 2 Member

From my understanding, he's looking to push motion detection captures to an FTP server and implement  a web-based gallery that dynamically loads the images located in the FTP server image directory.

You are correct :~)