The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-5020L

DCS-5020L - Firmware Wishlist

<< < (2/16) > >>

JavaLawyer:

--- Quote from: RoughRiver on July 21, 2013, 02:26:39 PM ---Would like to see the authorization model enhanced quite a bit. At minimum, support 4 levels of users (each user has 1 of these levels): Admin - just like the current admin user (can do anything). Monitor - Can view the live feed and can point the camera. View - Can view the live feed but NOT point the camera. Snapshot - can only access the CGI snapshot.

The web interface should limit itself based on the current user. It's pretty annoying to have all those links, tabs, etc visible, but when you click on them, it just asks you to re-authenticate.

--- End quote ---

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer:

--- Quote from: RoughRiver on July 22, 2013, 10:34:41 AM ---Would like to be able to specify a lead-in time for video clips recorded as a result of motion/sound detection. Similar to the 942, would like to be able to specify a number of seconds (up to 5) of video BEFORE THE EVENT that gets included in the captured clip.

--- End quote ---

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer:
Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5020L Wishlist

[*]Audio - Option to configure audio encoding to reduce bit rates and storage requirements
[*]HTTP/HTTPS - Ability to configure HTTPS port (as well as HTTP)
[*]HTTP/HTTPS - Option to explicitly enable HTTP, HTTPS, or both protocols (three options)
[*]Motion Detection - Option to specify number of seconds before motion detection event is included in captured clip
[*]Night Mode - Option to disable IR illuminators
[*]Patrol - Option to configure series of preset positions and ability to automatically cycle through preset positions in sequence or randomly (see thread here
[*]Security - Add three for permission account types with web UI limitations for each: Admin (exists); Monitor (view live feed and point camera); View (view live feed, but not point the camera); and Snapshot (can only access CGI snapshot)

[/list]

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

[*]TBD
[/list]

JavaLawyer:
Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5020L Wishlist

[*]Audio - Option to configure audio encoding to reduce bit rates and storage requirements
[*]HTTP/HTTPS - Ability to configure HTTPS port (as well as HTTP)
[*]HTTP/HTTPS - Option to explicitly enable HTTP, HTTPS, or both protocols (three options)
[*]Motion Detection - Option to specify number of seconds before motion detection event is included in captured clip
[*]Night Mode - Option to disable IR illuminators
[*]Patrol - Option to configure series of preset positions and ability to automatically cycle through preset positions in sequence or randomly (see thread here)
[*]Security - Add three for permission account types with web UI limitations for each: Admin (exists); Monitor (view live feed and point camera); View (view live feed, but not point the camera); and Snapshot (can only access CGI snapshot)

[/list]

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

[*]TBD
[/list]

Igodor:
Day / Night Mode Auto setting - Add the ability to customize the sensitivity threshold when switching Day / Night mode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version