• April 26, 2024, 09:24:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Need to reboot every 24 or 36 hours with 1.21 firmware.  (Read 13940 times)

pinquin

• Level 1 Member
Need to reboot every 24 or 36 hours with 1.21 firmware.
« on: August 22, 2009, 01:41:31 AM »

Hi people,

I need to reboot my dir-855 every 1 or 1,5 days because it hangs,
I run servers at my home so every minute downtime is to much,

Why I can't downgrade to older versions firmware ?
Why the firmware don't have watchdog that checks the connections ?
Why I need to reset my router every day ?
Why is the crappy firmware 1.20 and above still online and can many other people make there router also useless ?
Why I should ever buy something from Dlink again ?

When will my problem be fixed with a firmware downgrade of firmware upgrade ?

Dlink please help with this issue and solve your problems.

Regards, a D-Link dir-855 owner who will sell his router within 1 month or send it back to Dlink if the problem is not being solved.

lint

• Level 1 Member
Re: Need to reboot every 24 or 36 hours with 1.21 firmware.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 07:34:26 PM »

I had this problem, did everything "tech support" suggested, and finally sent it back to Amazon for a replacement. I hooked up the replacement, and have exactly the same problem.

pinquin

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 03:47:22 PM »

I contacted dlink and send back my dir-855 to them 2 weeks ago,
Today received a new dir-855

I now don't upgrade anymore and hope that my problem is solved.

For me it was not possible to try the "disable DNS relay" solution because router was already send back to dlink.

Dir-855 rev:A2 1.12EU

KMac

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 06:42:48 PM »

I'm currently using a replacement that I received from D-Link after sending my original back and so far...so good. It's version A2 with FW 1.21NA installed. Initially I wasn't sure if I should upgrade to the latest FW but I rolled the dice and did it anyway. I immediately disabled DNS relay per an earlier post in another thread and I haven't had any problems <fingers crossed>. I had nothing but problems with my first unit, with reboots required every 48 hours or so. I tried tech support, did everything they suggested and still had the "freezing up" issues. I'm not sure if it was disabling the DNS relay that did the trick or not. That suggestion had not be posted before I sent my router back. I see where some users do not have the ability to disable DNS relay. Perhaps that applies only to FW 1.20???

Kevin

DIR-855 :-(

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 09:01:21 PM »

Yeah it starts off fine but give it a week and you will start to see how "wonderful" this router is as a cure for constipation.

Nizzhe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 01:12:37 AM »

I see where some users do not have the ability to disable DNS relay. Perhaps that applies only to FW 1.20???

Perhaps it's not possible to disable it because they haven't disabled the Advanced DNS feature?  ;)
DIR-855 H/W:A2 F/W:1.12EU  -  works like a charm.

no2u

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 08:55:19 AM »

Apparently the whole product family is affected, because I'm seeing the same hang every 1-4 days using a DIR-628 (after upgrading to 1.20b8 and now 1.22).  When hung, the router doesn't respond to its home page 192.168.0.1 via a web browser (using wired or wireless LAN) and doesn't assign DHCP addresses, but it does respond to ping requests (if you were assigned an IP address before it hung).  I'm considering plugging it into a timer that power cycles it every day!

agirdea

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 04:51:52 AM »

Hi,

I believe your problem might be caused by overheating. I had a similar problem and I solved by having my router about 5 cm above the shelf in a room with good ventilation.

Itīs working much better now but I still have problems when it's highly loaded.
/Adrian

olisun

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 11:53:45 AM »

It's oficial D'link are by far the worst firmware coders and support providers for their **** products

Not really... you should see the new Netgear WNDR3700 router... It has come out after a year and there is no option to set the date and time...  ;D

jysnmat

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 07:57:34 AM »

I'm having same issue with router needing to be rebooted every couple of days. However I found an easy way to reboot my router once this issue occurs. I just press the change screen button under the LCD a couple of time and the router Auto Reboots. I do not know why it reboots, but i think the router knows their is something wrong and it reboots itself when i press that button. It's sad that this issue has happen to me so much that I found a easier way to reboot the device.

VwFreak96

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 07:09:26 AM »

I'm having same issue with router needing to be rebooted every couple of days. However I found an easy way to reboot my router once this issue occurs. I just press the change screen button under the LCD a couple of time and the router Auto Reboots. I do not know why it reboots, but i think the router knows their is something wrong and it reboots itself when i press that button. It's sad that this issue has happen to me so much that I found a easier way to reboot the device.

I think it reboots when you cycle through the screens because it cannot get the internet time. I am having the same problems all of you are describing. I have to reboot about twice a week. I should have never given up my 4300... One funny thing is that for some reason I can still get on to xbox live and play online while my computers cannot connect to the internet till I reboot.

apklein

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 11:42:58 AM »

I think it reboots when you cycle through the screens because it cannot get the internet time. I am having the same problems all of you are describing. I have to reboot about twice a week. I should have never given up my 4300... One funny thing is that for some reason I can still get on to xbox live and play online while my computers cannot connect to the internet till I reboot.

the same here.

cdwilli1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 11:52:36 AM »

In another post the suggested fix is turning off DNS Relay:

under "Setup"->"Network Settings" - the default is enable.  Turn it off, reboot. 

I was seeing lockups every 24 hours.  With this simple fix it has been running solid for 11 days.

Fix seems to work.

DLINK: here is the bug fix.

KMac

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »

In another post the suggested fix is turning off DNS Relay:

Indeed, this fix has worked for me as well. 6-8 weeks now with no freezes.

Kevin

jysnmat

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 07:26:15 AM »

I get no internet when i turn off DNS Relay. So it's a useless Fix for me. I need the New Firmware. Come on Dlink. Give me a Beta or something.
Pages: [1] 2