• March 28, 2024, 04:30:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: DNS-323 - Firmware v1.10 (Official Release) Comments & Observations  (Read 140591 times)

chorton

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-323 - Firmware v1.10 (Official Release) Comments & Observations
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 04:14:18 AM »

When setting the fan to always on high in the power management section, the fan still turns completely off allowing the drives to heat up to over 50 c.  1.09 never had this issue, so I reverted to that firmware.

enigmab17

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 02:19:11 PM »

Had a HP Photosmart 8250 working perfectly fine off the printer server on a dns-323 using fw 1.09, the second I upgraded to 1.10 it stopped working.

In config it still shows up that its connected, however since there is no "clear printer queue" button I am assuming that means it is having issues reading the printer or connecting to it.

reverting back to 1.09

[update]
Brought it back to 1.09 and Printer Server functioning correctly again. 1.10 Does not like my printer at all!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:38:00 PM by enigmab17 »

ellacw

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 02:51:22 PM »

I lost network printer function. All devices with HP Deskjet F4200 series. All devices lost communication to the printer. Reverted back to 1.09 printer function returned.

ellacw

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 05:51:58 AM »

I lost server printer function when installed 1.10. Reverted back to 1.09 resolved. 1.10 does not resolve the iTunes share issue with OSX 7. Principle concern is to get the transfer speed issue resolved. @ 7-9 mb/s in half duplex is not satisfactory.

Goose

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 01:30:25 PM »

Yup, firmware v1.10 lost print server function with my Canon printer.
Very frustrating.  >:(

RichMD

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 04:06:13 AM »

Agreed. I am about to start testing Alt-F ( http://code.google.com/p/alt-f/ ) simply because the D-Link firmware for the DNS-323 is still missing basic functionality that other NAS systems I run have, like hanging a backup drive on the USB port and letting the NAS back itself up. Or fixing the FTP server, which is STILL broken after all of these years in it's inability to support an encrypted data channel (always drops back to a clear channel). And yet D-Link wasted time on garbage like "iTune Servers".
First, I would AVOID 1.10 to anyone that is considering it.  I "upgraded" from 1.09 and the administration is totally unstable now.  I can no longer browse to the volumes to set permissions.  Thankfully, I copied data off before the update but I was having problems with some files that permissions are gone which is what I was hoping to fix.  Has anyone tested the Alt-F above? I think I will try that.  I have B1 hardware version but it is almost useless right now.

RichMD

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 05:13:27 AM »

First, I would AVOID 1.10 to anyone that is considering it.  I "upgraded" from 1.09 and the administration is totally unstable now.  I can no longer browse to the volumes to set permissions.  Thankfully, I copied data off before the update but I was having problems with some files that permissions are gone which is what I was hoping to fix.  Has anyone tested the Alt-F above? I think I will try that.  I have B1 hardware version but it is almost useless right now.
Also, if anyone has tried Alt-F, are there any comments about installing Alt-F on top of the DLink firmware compared to replacing it?  I don't care about warranty anymore - I just want it to be stable and work.  Anything that would increase read speed would be good.  I have a gigabit connection and the drives are fast but I get mediocre performance (when it works)...
I won't buy another DLink product...

shadowsports

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 10:10:56 AM »

I stopped holding my breath for 1.10 over 6 months ago.  I work in software development and any beta that doesn't go to release in a reasonable period of time...  well, the results are evident.  

I'm sticking with 1.09.  I'm running 4TB non advanced format drives.  I don't use any of the 323's features beyond simple NAS for backup.  My new router handles printserver function on my network flawlessly.

Beyond this, I've now purchased 3 Dlink products.  I'll keep the 323 until it or its drives die.  I experimented briefly with two Dlink routers last year and both were dismal failures.  Feature rich, but all lacked the stability and performance one expects and needs with these types of products.  One of them I wasn't even able to give away.  Patient, we've all been that.  Like others here, yes, I'm done with Dlink. For now anyway...  waited and waited for this. 

I too, would like to recognize those here who took the time to share their knowledge and experiences with me.  Thanks again for everyones friendly support and assistance.      
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:15:58 PM by shadowsports »
Linksys e4200 Rev. 1.0 f/w 1.0.03
Box 1: Linksys NAS200 1TB f/w 3.4R75
Box 2: Dlink DNS-323 4TB ext3 h/w B1 f/w 1.09
Roku N 1080p
Roku G 720p
wvc54gca
Cisco VOIP Phone
Linksys e3000 dual band f/w 1.0.0.4 (back up)
WRT-54G2 & G (past)
DIR-655 Rev B1 f/w 2.01na (Returned)

RichMD

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 06:14:19 PM »

I'm actually glad at this point that 1.10 was such a dismal failure.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have tried Alt-F which is FAR superior in functionality.  I haven't used it long enough to know the reliability but I will use the built-in backups anyway.

LVOV

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 04:39:19 PM »

Print server is broken in v1.10 - Universal HP (HP LJ 1200) stop working after upgrade, tried multiple things without any luck before downgrading to v1.09 - everything is back to normal. D-Link, how can you release this software without properly testing all the build in functionality?  You should be....  :-[

ruggieroav

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 08:59:24 PM »

Interesting!

I upgraded to 1.10, reformatted my AFT disks in RAID 0, and went back to 1.09.  Performance has been very bad; the UI is okay, but a lot of disk I/O errors.  I'm not sure if my drives have decided to die at this exact moment, but after this fiasco, I'm considering keeping all my data on two USB externals, until I can get new drives or a new NAS.

Is anyone running 3TB disks on 1.09 or 1.10?

ALSO -- With all this talk about the 'latest' 1.10 firmware, has anyone ever tried "back-porting" to the 'Conceptronic' older firmware, especially if you have already formatted with the DLink 1.10?  Have a feeling that would yield my 2TB hard disks inoperable, but has anyone ever tried it?  I know the Conceptronic units can go forward to DLink's firmware, but can the opposite be achieved?

Thanks,
Joe

PS:  The "print server" functionality has been broken for me since 1.08 - requiring SharePort to get it to work, so kudos to anyone who has a solid working printer under 1.09

PPS:  Please e-mail joe at ruggieroav dot net if you can provide assistance beyond the forum, otherwise I'll check back in a few days!

dramkumar

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 12:26:07 AM »

I upgraded the firmware on my DNS-323 from 1.09 to 1.10. 1.09 was very stable and I did not have any major complaints. But 1.10 is a total disaster!

I lost all my SMB shares after the update. I'm no longer able to map them in Windows 7, nor it does show up in the NETWORK ACCESS tab when I click "Browse..." in the Web interface. I've tried all possible hacks to get it working...but nothing seems to give me results. (Thankfully, the file shares are still intact and visible in Linux when I use a Telnet session through PUTTY.)

I never had a need to use NFS in the past and I do not plan to use it atleast in the immediate future... so definetely switching to NFS is not an acceptable solution for me... if that is what DLINK has to say!!!!

I'm switching back to 1.09..... Hopefully DLINK tech staff better pay attention to your work especially when releasing firmware updates!

DLINK: DON'T USE MY NAS AS YOUR LAB!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 12:30:08 AM by dramkumar »

amunoz_tico

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 06:13:01 AM »

Hi all,

Did I understand correctly that firmware 1.10 is released as beta with known problems?

Does firmware 1.10 have any new features?

I tried reading the txt file but it's all a mess! :(

I use my DNS-323 for backup file storage and occasionally stream videos with UpnP. Should I update or keep at 1.09?

Appreciate any advice, thanks.

Do not upgrade!  I use my device for the same, and We dont need the update at all.

bodbod

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 04:25:35 PM »

Hello,

thx for the hard work and to continue to update this terrific device.
I had no issue so far with the version 1.10, all my settings have been kept and all is working fine.

However, I would have a suggestion regarding the obsolescence of the certificate generated by the device when we are trying to access to the interface via https. It seems it is not accepted by few browsers (safari, firefox...) and you have to tweak each time manually the settings to be able to load the webpage.

Has somebody encountered the same issue so far ?

Thx

jeanpaul888

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 06:52:15 AM »

I have the same problem and can't solve it.
I upgrade from 1.06 to 1.10. My MBP can't connect DNS via SMB anymore.
Once I go into the Web interface, the same problem occured like dramkumar.
Where can I find the older firmware to downgrade DNS?
 >:( >:( >:(

I upgraded the firmware on my DNS-323 from 1.09 to 1.10. 1.09 was very stable and I did not have any major complaints. But 1.10 is a total disaster!

I lost all my SMB shares after the update. I'm no longer able to map them in Windows 7, nor it does show up in the NETWORK ACCESS tab when I click "Browse..." in the Web interface. I've tried all possible hacks to get it working...but nothing seems to give me results. (Thankfully, the file shares are still intact and visible in Linux when I use a Telnet session through PUTTY.)

I never had a need to use NFS in the past and I do not plan to use it atleast in the immediate future... so definetely switching to NFS is not an acceptable solution for me... if that is what DLINK has to say!!!!

I'm switching back to 1.09..... Hopefully DLINK tech staff better pay attention to your work especially when releasing firmware updates!

DLINK: DON'T USE MY NAS AS YOUR LAB!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5