• April 24, 2024, 09:00:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to set up download bandwidth limit?  (Read 10859 times)

dan_j

• Level 1 Member
How to set up download bandwidth limit?
« on: November 12, 2009, 10:28:34 PM »

Hi,
I have a problem with my ISP (C*****t, 250GB limit). I discovered that dir-855 knows how to utilize Power Boost feature. Everybody can say that is perfect, but not for me. I and my friends have reached that limit in 18 days (ISP called to me). I turned off “Automatic Uplink Speed” and set up “Manual Uplink Speed” (2048 Kb/s) upload is OK now, but I have problem with download bandwidth. Could anybody can help me and tell how to set up download speed, this is deadly serious?
Thank you for help. (BTW new firmware is acquit itself well)

lizzi555

• Level 5 Member
Re: How to set up download bandwidth limit?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 10:44:00 PM »

What you need is a counter for the amount of data transferred.
DIR-855 is not capable of this.

Upload speed setting is for QoS only to share the bandwith between the clients according to the priority settings. It won't affect the amount of data uploaded.

There is no setting to limit download bandwidth or max. amount of data downloaded in the DIR menu.

Gaming and QoS for XBL
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:55:40 PM by FurryNutz »

dan_j

• Level 1 Member
Re: How to set up download bandwidth limit?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 11:44:03 AM »

Thank you for the answer. I tried with “Wan port speed” in Advanced\Advanced Network I selected 10Mbit but still is not enough.  In the peak we have (8 computers in the network + two Smartphone’s) 3-4GB in 3 hours.  To take count I’m using statistics from “My network place\All connection\Internet getaway” after nineteenth days we had ~310GB and C*****t had ~290GB. I decided to take the lowest internet service (I have now 12/2 Mbit/s with PowerBoost) for the one month to try how it works.
Thank you one more time.