• March 28, 2024, 10:07:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Port Forwarding (Accessing a network Camera from the Internet)  (Read 7931 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

I just drafted the following FAQ entry: DCS Network Cameras - Using Port Forwarding to Access a Camera from the Internet. Please try out this procedure let me know if it works for you or needs additional clarification/steps.

Thanks!
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

acellier

• Level 4 Member
Re: DCS-932L - Port Forwarding (Accessing a network Camera from the Internet)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:57:23 PM »

UPnP is enabled here.
UPnP Port Forwarding doesn't seem to need enabled, for me - is that because I do it in my router?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L - Port Forwarding (Accessing a network Camera from the Internet)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 02:53:31 PM »

UPnP is enabled here.
UPnP Port Forwarding doesn't seem to need enabled, for me - is that because I do it in my router?

You seem to be correct. Works on mine as well without UPNP Port Forwarding enabled (regardless of whether it's enabled on my router).

Thanks... updating post.  :)

raydar

• Level 1 Member

I can access my DCS-932L from a local LAN computer at both the camera's internal address and its external address (as port-forwarded through a single router, whose WAN goes through a cable modem), but not from the internet.

By access, I mean the camera's web interface as well as live video feed in the web interface and directly via a media player directed at video.cgi on the right IP address and port. When I *can't* access the camera, I mean error 404, web browsers and media players find nothing at the right address and port.

I've been testing internet access to my DCS-932L from two other computers in the same city (one running Win7 behind a corporate firewall and the other Ubuntu 13.10), and they can connect to two *other* cameras (by other manufacturers) that I have set up on the same LAN at different ports (three cameras total). The DCS-932L is the only one that responds differently (i.e. not at all) from outside the LAN. I've tried swapping all the cameras around, putting the DCS-932L on the other cameras' known-working (for them) ports, and just throwing the DCS-932L on ports 80 and 443 for experimentation, but to no avail.

The "UPnP" and "UPnP Port Forwarding" settings JavaLawyer mentions in the FAQ entry have both been "off" the whole time in my case (they might've been on when I first bought the camera), and I've tried setting them "on," saving settings, rebooting the camera, and turning them back off again followed by the same procedure, also to no avail.

I'd seen advice to check the "AP isolation" setting in DD-WRT for this issue, and that's set to off. The router doing the forwarding is a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH running DD-WRT v24-sp2.

I'd also seen advice regarding this problem on a different camera, that the problem occurred only when the camera had a wired connection to the router. Whether that's bogus or not, this problem originally started for me when my DCS-932L had a wired connection to the router, so I went wireless, but there was no change.

Can anyone offer other options for me to try? I'm stumped.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

raydar

• Level 1 Member

JavaLawyer, that seems to be a link to the same FAQ article from your first post, that I mentioned in the description of my troubleshooting attempts, but thank you.

I did all that it describes when I originally bought the camera, and have done it and segments of it each time I tried a different forwarding configuration to find out why it doesn't work like it should.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

I've got my DCS-933L connected via 2.4Ghz to my DGL-5500, not using any PF or Virtual Server rules and uPnP is enabled and I'm seeing my cameras UI from work via the WAN side. My ISP modem is a Motorola SB 6180 stand alone modem, no built in router.

Try removing the port rules and just enable uPnP and log in to the WAN side IP address that the router gets from the ISP modem.

What Mfr and model is the ISP modem?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.