• April 18, 2024, 06:18:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: My DCS-942L has lost connection  (Read 2268 times)

Jennifer Waters

• Level 1 Member
My DCS-942L has lost connection
« on: March 12, 2014, 09:07:33 AM »

It's been working fine for the past few months since I bought it, I'm not sure what happened but when I last went to use it the red light was on. I downloaded the latest firmware and tried to run the Mac OS set up wizard but couldn't get past the required password. It continues to tell me my password is wrong but I'm certain it's not, I can log into the website fine. I tried selecting "forgot password" and get a popup again advising me to reset hold down the reset button, but I never get anywhere with this command. I can only get it to work when connected to my router but once I unplug it, it's back to red. What can I do to fix this, I've been trying to figure this out forever and I'm really ready to throw it right now >:(
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:10:28 AM by jlphillips »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: My DCS-942L has lost connection
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 09:11:18 AM »

The Setup Wizard that came with your camera will most likely not work with newer firmware versions. I recommend visiting the mydlink.com/support site and downloading the latest Setup Wizard application. If this doesn't work, then try performing a factory reset:

The link to the factory reset procedure is posted here: Network Cameras - Important Posts & Information

Post back and let us know how everything turns out.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC