• March 28, 2024, 05:20:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Options for H.265 Video  (Read 3809 times)

Stah07

Options for H.265 Video
« on: October 16, 2008, 05:02:04 AM »

I have alot of AVI's in this format and none of them play.  Since there seems to be no forthcoming support for this, what options do I have to convert them.  I really dont want to buy a 750 to play these files, not to mention the 750 does not seem ready for prime time and the 520 is such a great unit.  Any advice would be great.

Could I use FFDShow in conjunction with MP11 to somehow get it to play on the 520?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 05:21:29 AM by Stah07 »

kolinb

• Level 1 Member
Re: Options for H.265 Video
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 11:55:07 AM »

I have found RiverPast Video Cleaner Pro is good at converting video to something playable on the DSM-520 (like XVid).  A lot of people have had success with AviDeMux (http://www.avidemux.org/) which is free.

When using Video Cleaner Pro, I generally extract the audio stream first, convert the video with Video Cleaner Pro, and then put it back together with AVIMux (different then AviDeMux).  All videos I have converted this was have worked perfectly on the DSM-520.

Good luck,