• April 16, 2024, 12:52:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCH-S160  (Read 3199 times)

artk

• Level 1 Member
DCH-S160
« on: March 05, 2020, 04:14:48 PM »

I'm hoping someone can help with information.  I changed my internet provider which included installing a new router with a new network.  I have been unable to get my DCH-S160 onto the new network.  I have performed a reset of the device (waiting approx a minute for it to reboot) and followed the instructions for adding a new device.  However, the light remains a blinking greeen until it time out.  I had to perform a reset some time back after some bad storms.  Dlink wlaked me through it and I thought I remembered that for part pf the process my iphone had to be on the DCH network.  Does that make sense?  If so, at waht part of the process should tha take place?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Unfortunately support on this device ended last month and I would have to pay (which I'm not) $119 for a six month support agreement to get this fixed.  They should offer a flat rate pe call to ease the expense, not very good customer service.  Thanks 

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCH-S160
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 06:30:18 AM »

Just curious what number did you call for support? The US pay-for-support should not be that expensive.

Try following the steps here --> https://legacy.us.dlink.com/pages/article.aspx?id=9e621dc1e34944979ee87575a91e2edb

Make sure your phone that you are running the mydlink home app on is connected to your new router. I suggest using the WPS setup at the above link. Connect the water sensor in the same room as the router during setup, once completed then you can move it. Sometimes if you set it up it may be out of range or poor signal.

artk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 07:33:45 AM »

Thank you for your response.  The number I called was 877-453-5465.  I did verify that my phone was on the same network as the new router and I temporarily plugged the sensor in about 6 ft from the router.  It just doesn't seem to be seeing the router

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 08:01:03 AM »

hmm that is the correct number. I am not that familiar with the pay for support group. They must have changed prices and/or offer different packages.

Is the mydlink Home app seeing the sensor? When it is time to connect to the router it times out?

Are you using the same wifi network name (SSID) and wifi password as the previous router? Are there any special characters in either (ie space, hyphen, !@#$, etc)?

artk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 05:20:53 PM »

I push the wifi button first on the router and then on the sensor but it times out looking for it.  No, it is a different network than it was installed on before so I did the reset before I started which should have taken it back to factory settings.  If there is someone on this forum that could provide telephone technical support I would gladly pay them a reasonable amount of we were successful.   I'd rather not have to purchase a new one