• March 28, 2024, 03:59:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: READ THIS IF YOUR WBR-1310 DROPS CONNECTION PERIODICALLY + YOU WANT TO FIX IT  (Read 27478 times)

ktreads

• Level 1 Member

Hey guys,

First and probably only post but I want to get this info. out to the other WBR-1310 owners who struggle with this problem of maintaining connection for more than 15 minutes at a time. I stumbled upon this post:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,15995077

telling me that I should flash the DI-524 Rev. D to my WBR-1310. GO TO D-LINK WEBSITE RIGHT NOW AND DOWNLOAD THE DI-524 REV. D LATEST FIRMWARE (4.03). Yes it is released earlier than the WBR-1310's latest firmware but who gives a f*** when it works! Then you need to log-on to your router (192.168.0.1 into a web broswer), go to TOOLS>>FIRMWARE>>click on browse and find the DI-524 Rev. D that you just downloaded. Then click save settings and you're done!

I will repost later on tonight about how my internet connection holds up (I will be absent from my computer but the wireless connection will [hopefully!] not be turned off)

Good luck + post similar results/findings!

Kevin

11/09/09 EDIT: My WBR-1310 is the one that had version A1 for hardware, and thus (latest) version 1.04 for firmware. You'll see in some of the posts below people having problems with the "solution" I posted above and it is bc they have different hardware/firmware versions from my WBR-1310. Unfortunately I don't know what options out there are available to them- let's hope that there is something though!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 08:43:17 PM by ktreads »

demon1br

• Level 1 Member

:-[
Didn't worked here

I've download from here http://www.dlink.com/products/?tab=3&pid=DI-524&rev=DI-524_revD

But when i try to update at control panel (192.168.0.1) he says "The version of setting file is not compatible."

Thanks anyway..
My connection still dropin
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 01:47:33 PM by demon1br »

ktreads

• Level 1 Member

What kind of WBR-1310 are you using? Mine was the A1 Hardware with Firmware 1.04 until I did this.

Edit: Haven't lost an internet connection all day :D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 03:02:20 PM by ktreads »

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,15995077

Kevin,

Sorry to say that none of this is new. The dslreports thread is three years old also see the very lengthy (8 page) thread in the 2310 topic about dropping connections where we have beaten this to death every possible which way over the last year or so.

Some revisions of the router don't take the new (sorry, ancient) firmware, can't recall what the details are right now (I think Rev A are fine, but more recent hardware fails) as it's far too much bother to dig that deep, for what is a seriously broken router.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 12:12:06 PM by bjrichus »

ktreads

• Level 1 Member

Just an update for anyone who checks in on this.

Overall internet connectivity has improved. I still get a dropped connection usually every 1-3 hours but it is only noticeable because I spend a lot of time on the internet (yay college). It also seems that if I leave the laptop idle (not in sleep mode but not being used) then the majority of the time the internet connection remains live.

jnuckolls

• Level 1 Member

a total novice here.  do you have to be hardwired to the router to use the ip address login?
thanks,

wattwo

• Level 1 Member

a total novice here.  do you have to be hardwired to the router to use the ip address login?
thanks,

Nope, just type "192.168.0.1" in your browser.
---------------------------------------------------------

Now, i have a Rev.b and i upgraded my firmware to the 2.02 and now every 2 hours or so, it drops the wireless completely and i have to unplugged it to get it working again.

I tried the method above by using an alt. firmware but it says it is not compatible, anyone have any other fixes for this other than downgrading?

Thanks.

ktreads

• Level 1 Member

Hey Wattwo,

I'm going to edit my original post to include the hardware vers. (A1) that this works for (with 1.04 being the latest firmware for that product version).

Thus unfortunately I don't know what options there are out there for your version (and others) and can only vouch for the one that my roommates and I use.

minaa

• Level 1 Member

Hello,

I'm having trouble with my RevB as well. What can we do to fix dropouts? This is frustrating.