• April 18, 2024, 01:28:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: IP address conflict  (Read 11490 times)

joan

• Level 1 Member
IP address conflict
« on: December 29, 2010, 02:49:49 AM »

Hello
I have installed 3 DAP-1360 in my wireless LAN.
One like access point connected to router via cable and the others like repeaters.
All LAN devices have fixed IP, DHCP is disabled.

In the computers connected to the wireless LAN appears  the message
Windows-System error There Is An IP Address Conflict With Another System On The Network
The conflict comes from the DAP-1360 repeaters.

Can you help me please?

Thanks
Joan

acrosurfer

• Level 1 Member
Re: IP address conflict
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 12:06:20 PM »

hi, not really a reply but
i use a dap 1360 as a repeater, but i have a serious problem:
some of pc's are between a repeater and a wifi dsl modem, and from time to time there is an arror message in windows that said there an ip conflict in a network. the reason is that the computers detect signal from the dsl modem and from the repeater too. the only solution that i find in some forums is to make different channel: dsl modem in ch 1 and the repeater in ch 6 but i realise that i can't change the channel when the dap 1360 is in repeater mode!!!.
this prob is the same when using static dhcp. any issu??????

Guyon

• Level 1 Member
Re: IP address conflict
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 09:36:45 AM »

YES!

You need to change the static addresses of the DAP-1360 units you have. the default is 192.168.0.50.

Simplest way to do this is just switch off all but one, connect to it through your browser..

type 192.168.0.50 into the address line of you browser. Log in and change the IP address. Then switch the next one on and do the same... so in the end you have..

DAP-1360-1 192.168.0.51
DAP-1360-2 192.168.0.52  etc etc

Does that help, or did you know that already?