• April 16, 2024, 03:02:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Just got my D-Link DIR-857; Connected NAS by e-Sata to USB 3.0 converter.......  (Read 5447 times)

HLyons

• Level 1 Member

The router isn't seeing the NAS.  I'm sure its a compatibility issue but I need some confirmation.  Anyone ever try this with any of the Media routers D-Link offers.  Just trying to utilize what I have before having to shell out more cash.

arpr89

• Level 1 Member

I tried attaching my WD MyBook 3TB hard drive and it's not getting detected. It's formatted on a Mac format . I have tried using my old 60GB external hard drive and it worked fine with Shareport. I hope they fix this issue as well.

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member

Unfortunately I don't have an e-sata to USB 3.0 converter. My guess is a compatibility issue. I can't confirm 100% but it most likely is that. The router works is virtually all USB thumbdrives and most USB drive enclosures.

arpr89:
I believe your issue is that it is formatted in a Mac format. The router can only use FAT/FAT32/NTFS via USB storage. If you are able to safely move your data off the drive and reformat using NTFS it should do the trick.

HLyons

• Level 1 Member

I was thinking compatibility as well.  I tried a regular old USB 2.0 cable and it saw it.  I also have mac formatted external.  I'm going to convert it to FAT to NTFS now.  I'm also trying this converter on a USB 3.0 on a laptop with a 3.0 port to see if it sees it. 

Hardware could've been DOA.