• April 19, 2024, 12:17:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: SharePort USB utility experience  (Read 118397 times)

prpctech

Re: SharePort USB utility experience
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2008, 01:17:18 AM »

I looked at putting a 663MB file from one of the HDDs on my desktop and I am getting about 3.74MB thoughput. Using Vists 32

lotacus

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2008, 02:56:24 PM »

version 1 of the utility BSODS my vista after a while of running. Not sure why that is?? I'm not using it when it happens it just does it all of a sudden. Didn't think of looking in the event logs though, shame on me. :P But I think it may have to do with powersaving it's the only thing I can think of since i'm using it on a laptop.

hispanico

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2008, 11:32:50 PM »

I try version 1.0...after 0.94 and now after 1..2 hours a window appear with "Login failed", close windows and after again 30 minutes or 1 hour the windows login failed appear again....
What is ?

Thank
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 11:23:11 PM by hispanico »

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2008, 03:13:50 AM »

I looked at putting a 663MB file from one of the HDDs on my desktop and I am getting about 3.74MB thoughput. Using Vists 32

I get a steady 8 MB
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

cliff.steer

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2008, 09:43:42 AM »

My experience has not been as good. So far every attempt to install Shareport USB utility has met with BSOD - I have tried three PCs with same result - Vista Business, XP Pro and XP Media Center - point of commonality Trend Micro Internet Security - all three PCs produced BSOD indicatinf Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Stop 0x0..D1,0X0...06,0X0...02,0x0...00,0x8BB42599 tmtdi.sys. I am currently uninstalling Trend Micro in favor of CA AV + Anti-Spy and will report back on results

shaith

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2008, 11:13:33 AM »

Install fails with BSOD if net limiter pro is installed.

Once installed, seems to work fine, though the single user at a time limitation makes this all but worthless for NAS. 

Print sharing is a bit more tolerant of the single user limitation and was even able to successfully share a non-networkable USB printer, but it would still be nice if the software would allow all of the users on the network to connect and would negotiate queueing on its own instead of having to ask the remote user to release the device.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2008, 12:32:23 PM »

Install fails with BSOD if net limiter pro is installed.

Once installed, seems to work fine, though the single user at a time limitation makes this all but worthless for NAS. 

Print sharing is a bit more tolerant of the single user limitation and was even able to successfully share a non-networkable USB printer, but it would still be nice if the software would allow all of the users on the network to connect and would negotiate queueing on its own instead of having to ask the remote user to release the device.

Good feature request!

cliff.steer

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2008, 02:05:38 PM »

After uninstalling Trend Micro and replacing with CA AV / Anti-Spyware, everything worked just great. Was able to share my USB HDD and transfer files from the HDD to a PC at rates ~= 36 Mb / sec  or about 4.25 MB / sec. Slower than I'd have expected a bit but still better than USB 1.1's max of 12Mb/sec so it is USB 2.0. Not sure where the delay is, although 1 PC on our network still had Jumbo Frames set to 1536 rather than 9014. Fixed but haven't retested since though. Don't expect much of a difference at any rate.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2008, 04:28:15 PM »

I get 9.5 MB/s upload to router/USB HDD (gigabit adapter), but I only get 4.6 MB/s download from USB HDD device.

Or my netmonitor doubles the upload ratio...could be  ;)

Panman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2008, 10:27:29 AM »

HP 2410 MFP is a no go.  I'll try plugging a USB hub into the 655 and then try the printer in the hub!

John

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »

Let's hear it about the new gadget.

I can tell you that I installed it on wired and wireless and it works flawlessly with my HP 843C printer. I even tried a Chinese MP3 player and it was detected and directly accessible.

First impression: OK, got to test whether 2 clients can use/connect to the device at the same time though

Yes, it seem's to function with any problems.  I share a Seagate external HD with two desktops and a lap top.  So far so good!

GreenTurtle

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 01:15:58 AM »

Installed SharePort USB utility and it works as a charm. No problems at all (knock on wood).

One future request (as all other users seems to request) is that it would be great to be able to share the USB to more than one user at the time.

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2008, 09:03:48 AM »

Hi,

I have started getting these annoing little pop-up boxes fom the share-port software saying that Connection Has Been Lost....  they repeat every so often.

Also, isn't the router supposed to release the connection to a given PC after so many minutes of idle time from that PC ?  I thought so, but maybe I am mixed up.

SD1
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

hispanico

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2008, 10:54:29 PM »

Sometime without problem shareport go in crash:

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2008, 08:40:05 AM »

I reinstalled the app and no problems anymore. Could have been a driver or windows update that's causing it, I don't know. But its remarkeble that these issues come popping up suddenly after 1 month of no issues.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7