• April 26, 2024, 08:15:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-Viewcam v3.0 not logging events or making recordings  (Read 3418 times)

mesmerizeme

• Level 1 Member
D-Viewcam v3.0 not logging events or making recordings
« on: June 10, 2010, 11:53:02 PM »

Hi - I'll just begin saying that i'm incredibly frustrated with this program as of the last 3 hours.

First it was trying to get it to work on windows vista 64 bit - since the guy at staples knows diddly squat - and then configuring it to work at night.

Anyway - it's working good....... except for the fact that it will not record/log anything when it detects motion like i want it to. went throught the manual - like i said i'm just frustrated and now tired as it's 1 am. What settings do i need to make it record (it's already set to record on motion and it detects motion in the areas i want it to) and to make it log the event.

Thank you all for quick replys! :-\

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
Re: D-Viewcam v3.0 not logging events or making recordings
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »

Have you tried increasing sensitivity? Don't you see any "General Motion" event? Have you configured the motion-detection area and tried the simulation to see if it detected anything?

It is a bit of a process to enable and configure the motion-sensing, but it can be done. I have been able to get it working, just to get the motion-events triggered. I do a full-blast recording, just using the motion-events to post-process...

WyreNut

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 08:42:30 AM »

It would help if the OP told us what cam he/she's using!

WyreNut
Moderator, Palm Inc. Community Forums
http://forums.palm.com

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 12:50:32 PM »

D-Viewcam works independent of camera for the motion-sensing part. It is purely software-driven in D-Viewcam 3.0...