• April 19, 2024, 09:25:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Opinions  (Read 58610 times)

Woogie

• Level 1 Member
Re: Opinions
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 07:05:23 PM »

I loaded the new firmware, and could not, no matter how hard I tried, get the router to connect to my ISP (PPOE, ATT DSL). I worked on it for about an hour, finally downgraded back to my previous firmware (2008/1/3, 1.02MS_Beta), and I was able to connect right away....

Just me?

weoh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2008, 04:22:34 AM »

With all the firmwares, I am still unable to connect to the network with my Nokia phone, if the router was started with wireless on.  So each time the router resets, I have to turn off the wireless radio, reboot the router, and then turn the radio back on, otherwise, my phone won't connect.  The phone sees the SSID, but just can't connect. ???  Same with the dir-655.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2008, 03:13:18 PM »

if the phone is 802.11B it probably wont connect.

weoh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2008, 01:10:20 AM »

The Phone connects using 802.11g, according to the router.

MAC Address   IP Address            Mode   Rate   Signal (%)
xxxxxxxxxxx   192.168.0.107       11g   5.5   100

You mentioning 802.11b got me thinking, so I tried all the different modes I could put the router into.  The phone won't connect if 802.11n is set, unless I disable the radio, reboot, and reenable the radio.

ap90033

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 09:13:16 AM »

So does the 1.03 beta have all the fixes from the 1.02ms? Whats the best to use?

URRIAH

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2008, 04:58:02 AM »

Lycan, i am not trying to be difficult, i am just upset that i spent 200 + dollars on this router and I cannot use it. I find it hard to believe that you are saying the upnp feature is in the ps3 console and not the 4500. There are so many problems reported with the 4500 upnp features regarding other hookups. Port 3658 is the standard upnp protocol for ps3 in particular and the 4500 will not grant it, even when you open that port manually. A gaming router should not be as you say design for microsoft comapatabilty only, for if that is the case then it should have been advertised as so.
 With the upnp not working and qos the router keeps trying to rediscover and is shutting down or rebooting. When i get so many errors with this particular router wether  i am on wireless or hardwired it is on the router side blocking what it should not be blocking.

Not trying to be disrespectful, but I am not stupid to networking and the protocols needed. I have been forced to purchase a different product and after constant testing, i have not had one error on my side of the router or on the routers side.

It seems the focus on fixing this particular router is ot a concern of d-link since it has the 655 and the new 855.
 I would galdly use this router if it could be fixed and if it is not going to be, then d-link should give credits to those who purchased this failed router.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2008, 11:56:56 AM »

Thats fine. We've confirmed the issue with Sony and are working to allow the newer firmware to be compatible. However you need to understand that we are a networking company and a home router is considered a Security Device. As such we follow guidelines of the SDK and their makers. Sony's implementation of UpNp is NOT standard, however common it may be. As for saying the router is a failure, that a gross overstatement. It may have failed for you, but the fact is many many people use the router and are quite happy with it. I wish I could tell you that I can fix this issue for you so you can use the router but if it is failing like you say it is, either shelve it for now and I'll do everything I can with our PM group to fix this asap.
As for the reboot/disconnect issue, that a tad more serious. I've determined that there is a serious flaw is our current firmware, I think PM is aware of it too. They've released a beta firmware that supposedly "corrects" this, have you tired it? If so what were the results?

URRIAH

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2008, 03:02:15 AM »

Thank you for your response. I am only fustrated with this prob on my end. I actually hooked it up yesterday and updated the firmware to the newest beta. Other than regular network setup i have done nothing to it yet. With no load on it I have had it up for 20 hours without fail. I have not tried hosting a room yet though will try this within the next couple days. I still cannot get 3658 to work in any way. It has opened the general ports by itself for the ps3 without problems.
  Thank you again for letting us know you are working on this issue.
  Aslo I have kept an eye on my speed which I still run a g card at this time and it has not dropped at all. I checked it during peak internet usage and non peak.
Download Speed: 18533 kbps (2316.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 2318 kbps (289.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 03:49:24 AM by URRIAH »

ghostonline

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2008, 01:58:31 PM »

glad to see you guys are working on the rebooting issue.

have used this router since dec'07. the only problem i have with this router is random rebooting, the same problem as the previous 4300 i used.

somehow, it doesn't like manual reboot, it must reboot on its own and sometimes take two reboots to get working..

yesterday, I manually reboot the router as my laptop can't access internet even i rebooted my laptop. then, my laptop keep losing connection to internet, but still keep connected to router. finally, two hours later, the router reboot on its own, another half hour later reboot again. then everything works again..

never be able to keep the router working for more than few days.

at least, it doesn't reboot every day, othervise, i would probably smash it in the same way as the previous 4300.

Rad Spencer

• Capt.
  • Level 2 Member
  • Master D's Going Down!
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2008, 10:29:40 AM »

Do you guys see lots of wireless networks in your area?
Yeah, over to disposal area. Heroes always look good.

FromAtoN

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2008, 04:29:58 PM »

Do you guys see lots of wireless networks in your area?

There's enough in my area to not want to use 2GHz and that's why I moved back to the 5GHz band with the DWA-160 from DWA-652.  Reason I went from 802.11a to 802.11n.

kcsupratt

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2008, 04:00:13 PM »

I had a hard time last week getting my router to establish a connection to my cable modem. I unplugged it for a few minutes and still no luck. Too me about 4 tries to finally get the router get an established connection.
I was able to plug a PC into the modem without any issues, this was during the time I was trying to get the router to get any connection. I have seen this happen a few times with this router. Is seems at times this router loses connection to my cable modem. Something needs to be fixed here

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2008, 12:04:37 PM »

If you were able to get the computer to connect without issue, did you clone the MAC address on the INTERNET page under setup?

kcsupratt

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2008, 03:55:35 PM »

If you are responding back to me, the answer is NO. I have noticed that when there is a load on the router it seems to choke and loses it's connection.

If you were able to get the computer to connect without issue, did you clone the MAC address on the INTERNET page under setup?

URRIAH

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2008, 07:30:19 AM »

Okay, The router has been stable with the new beta firmware. The problem I am still experiencing is the router is not dropping under load but it is struggling to stay connecting. Thus it is still having problems with heavy load. Any word on the upnp issue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4