D-Link Wireless Access Points For Business > DAP-2610

Problems with this AP

(1/3) > >>

baltasar:
We have an array of 8 x DAP-2610 and we are having some issues.

- Randomly without any specific time we loose the access/network to one or other AP, no ping, no SSID in the air on the cover area by that AP, POE power remains on and AP has green led on. The only solution so it goes back to normal is unplug POE/Ethernet cable wait a second and plug back.

- Also we have a captive portal (redirect only) for a guest SSID and because of that we need to activated the "IPIF Status" as its another IP range for those clients so we setup also the "Get IP From" to be on dynamic. This SSID at the WLAN Partition is setup in Guest mode, so it has isolation from all connected clients and also from other SSID's, but has no security for the AP itself as the IP from this range that is assigned to the AP and if I'm wireless connected on the same SSID I can get in or at least see the setup page from the AP. This is not happening if I use the normal IP of the AP independently which wireless SSID I'm connected. the only way to go to internal setup should be using from native VLAN1 from Ethernet.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your DAP? Look at the sticker under the DAP.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DAPs web page under status.
* What region are you located?
Possible PoE line issue at the PoE Injector maybe?

baltasar:
- Hardware is "A" I think, i need to climb at the ceiling and look at one so I confirm 100% later

- The firmware I used is the latest on the D-Link site, more specific the 1.01.045 version

- We are in Portugal - Europe

FurryNutz:
I see a v1.02 beta posted on our site. You might check D-Links EU site for this and load it up on one AP to see if anything changes. I would factory reset the AP after the update and setup from scratch.

baltasar:
Ok, I can try that, let me see if I find the firmware you are saying since in the Portuguese site only the one I have.
Anyway, should I really do the setup from scratch after the factory reset? Or I could load the previous saved conf file after resetting?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version