• April 19, 2024, 05:00:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-825L Frameskip in the dark.  (Read 2398 times)

Axiste

• Level 1 Member
DCS-825L Frameskip in the dark.
« on: December 30, 2015, 03:32:37 AM »

I have the 825L, running v1.06.06, in the last week it has suddenly started suffering degraded performance. I generally connect using VLC to the rtsp:// bleh /play1.sdp feed on my htpc while I watch tv, lately I put it on and it plays 2 - 3 seconds, then freezes for 6 - 9 seconds then plays 2 - 3 etc. Noticed that it does it on more than 1 pc, but if i connect using MyDlink Lite on my Galaxy S5, or the mybabycam on my iPad3, the video comes though just fine, 10fps at 480p using H264.

Tried play2 and play3 which lower the fps and resolution, but have the exact same effect.

Today I had a play with the camera in the middle of the day and noticed that it was running fine. Did some testing and realised if its in Day mode it works fine, if its in night mode and the room is extremely dark, it plays up. I was able to open the feed and literally turn the light on and off in the room to make the feed work then stutter over and over again.

As far as I can tell, the only thing that changed is the location of the camera, which is 4 ft away from where it was (moved from bedside table to curtain rail) which gives me a better view of the whole room instead of just the bed. Thought maybe it was affecting the WiFi signal however even with the AP moved to the very next room, it doesnt make a difference.

Will try moving the camera back to where it was in the morning and testing to see if it goes away, however my little girls is asleep there now.

Axiste

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-825L Frameskip in the dark.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 01:20:56 AM »

moved the camera back down to limit its view, and sure enough it works fine again, seems it was struggling to see an entire room in the dark.