• March 28, 2024, 03:01:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: No wireless and can't upgrade  (Read 2387 times)

spendy

No wireless and can't upgrade
« on: September 13, 2010, 03:22:08 AM »

Hi all,

My router is suddenly not broadcasting wirelessly, ie the wireless LED does not illuminate and when I log in to the router it says "Wireless Radio: Init failed". Internet connection to my hardwired PC is fine and all other LEDs on the router are working.

I've tried upgrading firmware and resetting the router to factory settings numerous times. I have tried disabling antivirus and firewalls. Each time I try to upgrade it says it is successful but when I log in to the router it has reverted to version 1.21WW. I also can't save any settings that I change on the router.

A similar thing happened a few weeks back but I was able to upgrade the firmware and everything started working again. No luck this time.

The router is only about 6 months old. Hardware version A3 and Firmware says 1.21WW but it was previously upgraded to 1.34.

Any ideas?

DCIFRTHS

• Level 2 Member
Re: No wireless and can't upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 04:00:29 AM »

From past posts that I have read: "Wireless Radio: Init failed" means that there is a hardware problem, and it's something that should be sent to D-Link for repair.

marmoduke

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 06:04:47 AM »

Before you send for hardware repair, try this:

1.  Download a fresh copy of 1.34NA, your previous download may be corrupt.

2.  Save all your desired settings or write them down.

3.  Unhook all wired connections except for port #1 which is the station you will be working from.

4.  Remove power from 655.

5.  Reinstall power cord to 655 while holding the "reset" button on the back.  Keep the button depressed for a full thirty seconds.

6.  Now do the upgrade of the firmware from the fresh copy that you downloaded.

7.  Reboot the router and make any necessary config changes.  I suggest you do it from your notes, not by your backup file, which also may be corrupt.

8.  When reestablishing your wireless do a complete shakedown of your wireless NIC.  Latest drivers, reinstall if necessary.  If your wireless NIC is a dlink, do not use the install CD.  You will be better off without the dlink 'CONNECTION MANAGER"  program installed.  Use the Microsoft connection manager.

ryan200

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 08:07:18 PM »

what is the deal with the ww firmware is that offical dlink firmware?

Note if you have the WW firmware then you will not be able to install this, you will first need to install the recovery firmware and then this.

http://dlinkedrouter.org/category/dir-655/