• April 26, 2024, 07:18:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Xbox 360 only sees G mode, not N  (Read 2811 times)

Muckrak3r

• Level 1 Member
Xbox 360 only sees G mode, not N
« on: September 03, 2010, 01:47:49 PM »

I have the DIR-655 and just got the wireless N Xbox adapter in today.  After configuring the Xbox, it connects, but only shows a G network, not N.

The DIR-655 is Hardware version B1, Firmware 2.00NA.

Is there anything I can do to get the xbox to see WL N?  I tried it on 2 different xbox's.  1 of them is less than 2 feet from the DIR-655, the other is at the back of the house.  Both xbox's connect to G.  I'm using WPA2 with AES security on the DIR-655.

I tried N only on the DIR-655, N/G only, and N/G/B only.  Same results each time, except for on N only, I just see a red light on the adapter.  I have cheap WL N adapters for our laptops and they work perfectly all over the house on N only.  Any help would be appreciated!

Muckrak3r

• Level 1 Member
Re: Xbox 360 only sees G mode, not N
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 03:40:39 PM »

I am 40 feet away from the N router, yet I can watch HD videos on Netflix, and I just played Gears2 with zero lag during the entire match.  I must be getting N speeds but it doesn't say N on the wireless config on the xbox for some reason.

Muckrak3r

• Level 1 Member
Re: Xbox 360 only sees G mode, not N
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 05:27:47 PM »

Decided to return the D Link for a dual band Linksys.  I thought the DIR 655 was simultaneous dual band, but I was mistaken.  The e3000 should perform everything correctly that I need.