• April 18, 2024, 04:22:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem with new firmware 1.03.02  (Read 7967 times)

sensor_guy

• Level 1 Member
Problem with new firmware 1.03.02
« on: August 09, 2019, 01:24:36 PM »

I have two water sensors that have worked great for many months.  This week I was notified that both would be updated to 1.03.02.  Since then the status page on the MyDlink app for each shows a spinning circle indefinitely on the WiFi and Firmware Update fields.  The green dot on the app that indicates the device is active is now gone.  I have removed and re-added the sensors numerous times but they both end up in this state regardless.  Note that the device section still shows a battery level for the sensor.

I recommended these units to a friend and he bought three.  I checked with him and all of his sensors updated to 1.03.02 and exhibit the same behavior as mine.  This indicates to me that this is not an isolated problem.

Could somebody from D-Link please reply and suggest what is wrong and a fix?

Thanks

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Problem with new firmware 1.03.02
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 01:33:38 PM »

Try this on 1 unit and let me know if this works (unless you did these exact steps already):

1. Log into the mydlink app and remove the water sensor from your account (tap devices at the bottom > Sensor > select the DCH-S161. Tap the gear icon and then tap Remove Device).
2. Reset the sensor (power on and then hold a paper clip in the reset hole for 10 seconds and release).
3. Setup from scratch and see if it operates normally.

I will forward this to the US product group for review. You may want to contact Canada's tech support to report this issue.

EDIT: The unit I have seems to be working OK. I will have a tech verify it has the latest firmware.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 01:38:25 PM by GreenBay42 »

sensor_guy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 03:20:38 PM »

OK so I followed your instructions and factory reset one of the sensors.  The information that was missing is back, but ONLY when the sensor button shows a GREEN light!  When the light goes off and I refresh the status screen on the app the WiFi and Firmware Update fields cannot be determined.  If I click on the button, it changes quickly from red to orange to solid green and I can once again see the info.

Hope this helps to resolve the problem.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 07:26:14 AM »

Glad it is back up. Possibly the firmware upgrade stalled the device and needed the reset it get it back going. D-Link will keep an eye on this.

When you get the green LED that means it is connected successfully to your Wi-Fi network, which will show active on the app. When the light goes off, it is entering power save mode which does kill the Wi-Fi connection, thus the app not showing up-to-date stats or connectivity. The sensor does have a keep alive and will turn on (i believe every 24 hours to report battery life and check for new firmware). I know we have complained about the 24 hours and should be more often. They should change that in a future firmware release. Note that the sensor is still working. When it detects water, it will turn on, connect to Wi-Fi and send a notification.