• April 25, 2024, 09:35:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Official firmware release 1.20  (Read 17355 times)

SuperH

• Level 1 Member
Re: Official firmware release 1.20
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 07:16:44 PM »

How is shareport not working for you? What have you tried? what shareport version are you using? And yes it is the same build because it passed.

Well, after upgrading to this firmware, I no longer saw my device with Shareport with the released software for Shareport at that time.

I have reinstalled the software; I've even upgraded the version to no avail.

The computer saw nothing shared.

When I installed the DIR-655 Beta Shareport (1.10), the device was seen, but unable to be connected to.  The Shareport software would say that the device is available, attempt to connect (and it would display "receiving status"), then it would remain disconnected stating that the device was available.

Using OS X Shareport software on my Intel Macs, I could connect, a printer item would spool, but I would not have anything print.

Now - here's the interesting part.

I found out I can share a hard disk via Shareport just fine, even on OS X!  So, herein lies the dilemma.

The hard disk works, but the printer does not.  Prior to firmware upgrade, I was able to print (PC) fine.  I never used Shareport on my Macs, since there wasn't a released version.  Prior to the firmware upgrade, I never tried the hard disk on Shareport, so I cannot vouch for that.

It seems to be an issue between Shareport and my printer (HP LaserJet 1020).

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated! :)  It seems Shareport isn't the issue -- Shareport + Printer + Latest Firmware is.

Slovak

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 06:05:22 AM »

I haven't been following the firmware threads, but it seems as a few folks keep having problems. I'm using firmware 1.15 on a router with H/W Ver A1, and have no issues at all, but I don't use the wireless function of the router at all, disabled it. Am I just a lucky one with that H/W version? And would it be wise to upgrade to this new firmware or should I just stay with 1.15 since I seem to have no issues for the last 3 weeks since I loaded it. Don't know if this new firmware has any wired improvements.

arod

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 08:36:56 AM »

Wired and wireless connection is solid from what I've tested. It's up to you if you want to upgrade. Most people that did upgrade do not have issues.

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 11:43:43 AM »

What is the status on the SharePort issues and f/w 1.20? I see questions on it from others but no fixes.

I'm using the PC version you guys put up a few days ago and from the start it would not work. It sees the Dell AIO 926 as "Language Error Language Error". It also only stays connected for a about 10 seconds and then back to available status. None of this was an issue with the past f/w for both the dgl-4500 and shareport.

edlivian

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 05:09:24 AM »

I finally got my wireless speed stable

I set N mode only
and I set width to 40mhz only

and my finally my adapter lights up and stays 270-300mbps like it used to, when I use auto 20/40 mode, it would frequently change speeds all over the place, like 108-130-135-150-216-243, even if I was right next to the router

swears

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 08:08:25 AM »

So, this is the FW to get?

I'm still at 1.16 and it is OK so far (not great).

Should I risk updating?

arod

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 08:20:59 AM »

Well judging by what most people are experiencing, you probably shouldn't upgrade unless you don't mind rebooting your router every 3-4 days?

marksyr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 02:22:02 PM »

Well judging by what most people are experiencing, you probably shouldn't upgrade unless you don't mind rebooting your router every 3-4 days?

I concur. Prior to 1.20 I had my router running GREAT with firmware 1.15. But ever since the firmware upgrade it slows to a crawl and I have to reboot the router 3-5 times a day.

I have A1 version.

marksyr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 02:23:32 PM »

I should mention that it has me thinking about buying a new router. Probably from someone else.

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 03:29:01 AM »

Well now that I've received an A2 from d-link I'm of the opinion that all A1 users should receive a new A2 replacement.  This A2 is currently running fw 1.12 and on the A1 you could not make changes to the settings without the radio enabled.  This is not the case on the A2 which seems to be behaving properly but then again I've only had it installed for like 30 minutes since my A1 locked up again at an astounding 10 days uptime running 1.21b1.

Coreburner

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2009, 09:12:49 AM »

I've seen a lot post about the wirless getting slow with this router and mine was but I did two thing first i switched to 5ghz band then scanned with netstumbler.  I found 13 WIFI router, 10 IPhones, 6 HTC phone, 20 wireless printers, 42 laptops, 8 ipods, and 4 black berrys.  Also (using my G1) I found a 6 off the shelf Cell amps and 4 IPbts cell repeaters.

Bottom line GET OUT OF THE 2Ghz BAND.  Mine runs great in the 5ghz range.
Pages: 1 [2]