• April 15, 2024, 10:34:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: My camera is does NOT work on wireless mode with the SD card on it  (Read 8181 times)

warheadbr

• Level 1 Member

??? hellp started 4 days ago it was functioning just fine now its just a brick.
  i restored
formated
updated
got a brand new Sd card
and remade my full network
  everytime i insert the SD card it stop working, or freeze, or lose the conection
 need help here please lost my receipt so i cant even return the camera

Maxmon

• Level 1 Member
Re: My camera is does NOT work on wireless mode with the SD card on it
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 07:51:46 AM »

The same happens with my 3 cameras (942L and 5222)
I assume is a firmware bug
I pulled out the sd card and I works I insert and wifi camera becomes frozen
Really a bad behavior. Waiting for a firmware update

georgeorgeorge

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 04:57:49 PM »

Turn off recording and reset the camera.

Insert memory card cold, ie without power,

Power up

Format card.

If it formats ok then turn on record continous and test

noniq

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 12:56:21 PM »

I have the same problem: Today my camera suddenly wasn’t accessible via WLAN anymore. Several reboots didn’t help – I could only access the camera if I plugged in a LAN cable. Finally I found this thread, removed the SD card – and eventually WLAN was working again.

To make sure, I then unplugged the LAN cable and started pinging the camera’s IP: As soon as I inserted the SD card, the camera stopped responding. Removing the SD card again made no difference, I had to reboot the camera to make it work again (reproduced several times).

I tried to reformat the SD card in my iMac – still didn’t work. Finally I once again connected to the camera using a LAN cable and reformatted the SD card via the „SD management“ section of the camera’s admin interface, but to no avail: As soon as I unplugged the LAN cable, with the SD card still inserted, the camera stopped responding. I also tried disabling “SD recording” completely, but this didn’t help either.

Some more notes:
 * During my experiments today I upgraded the firmware from 1.12 to 1.23 – made no difference.
 * The SD card originally was quite full (200MB of 16GB remaining), but this was expected as I had SD recording configured to “Keep Free Space: 200 MB”

So for now I just use the camera without SD card. But I would be REALLY interested in the cause of this bug. And a fix, of course.

dkm584

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 01:13:19 AM »

Thanks to all for posting this issue. I am having this same problem. I have 3 dcs-942L wireless cameras that would lose wireless connectivity intermittently. I would unplug/plug, get the connection working but later in the day, the camera would lose connection again. After I took out the SD card, all 3 cameras have not lost connection for over for a day now. I will leave the SD card out for now!

I did format the cards before using them to record. I also did upgrade the firmware. All 3 cameras are brand new. I have a 4th camera that is wired, and I left the SD card in. The wired camera is working fine. No issue.

Many thanks for posting this issue!! So far so good!

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 06:10:14 PM »

Are you using an extension cord? How long are they?
Class 10  cards?

dkm584

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 12:12:33 PM »

If you are asking me: I am not using any extension cords. I was using SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS Memory Cards.

I appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

dougg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 11:55:53 AM »

My camara came that way from the beginning,  when I put in most SD Cards the wifi stops or wont work,  I only found 1 SD Card that will work a Micro Center 8GB class 4, I tried many others with no success.   I would guess a hardware failure and mine was failed from the factory.   but the 8G card is enough for my needs.  I have also done all the firmware updates with no change

dkm584

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 09:09:51 AM »

Thanks dougg!