The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-936L

DCS-936L Motion detection false alarms

(1/8) > >>

rvgantt:
Motion detection is triggering on shadows made by sun as is moves throughout the day. Or at least this is my guess as there is no actual motion seen in the recording  begin saved. Morning and evening is the worst. Currently I have the sensitivity set at 50 and I get a trigger every 5 to 10 minutes (sometimes more). If I reduce the sensitivity (below 20) far enough to stop (almost stop) the false shadow triggers, the camera does not trigger when actual motion occurs, i.e. people or cars. I have also tried changing the detection area from full view to only about half of the area. not much changed.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
* What region are you located?
What happens with the setting of 20?

rvgantt:
Hardware Version: A1
Firmware Version: 1.01.05
Region Central

As I lower the sensitivity, the false triggers are reduced but still occur. The lowest I have tried is 20 because at that level, it stopped consistently detecting real motion. I could walk in front of it and it would not trigger, but 10 minutes later it trigger for no apparent reason.

FurryNutz:
I would try the next sensitivity value up from 20 and see how that does.

Can you test the camera in a different location temporarily to see if the same thing still happens? Some place where there is no sun shaded area and just actual motion?

rvgantt:
I will move the camera and test it. I actually have 2 of these cameras and they are both doing the same thing.

The next sensitivity value up is 21. I wouldn't expect much of a difference, but I can try it on the second camera (the one I don't move).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version