• March 28, 2024, 08:53:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Manual Setup  (Read 39627 times)

ragheb

• Level 1 Member
Re: Manual Setup
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 01:19:43 AM »

Love the camera, despise the setup procedure as it fails to work 50% of the time.

Manual setup instructions for the non-lobotomized:

• Power on camera
  • Wait for orange blinking light
  • Connect laptop to wifi name printed on the the instruction card
  • Login using the wifi password also printed on the card
  • Open web browser
  • Navigate to 10.255.255.1
  • Login to camera
  • Username admin
  • Password <blank>
  • Configure camera using web interface
  • Connect to wifi network of your choice without having to rely upon MyDlink applet discovery, which seems to fail regularly

These instructions should be included with the camera, I shouldn't have to figure them out for myself.
Hope this helps somebody else.

-Mojo

BadMojo, Great feedback and insight even though it is almost a year later but I just recently got the 2630L.
Is there any possibility of getting from Dlink the ability to access the cam as the one I received had the Quick Install Card missing and the label under the cam removed so I attempted to do the connection via WPS with my router and eventually got it to connect. However, when I try to sign on it forces me to enter the password in the Q-Card and I dont have a way of entering the cam password to connect to it since this info is missing.

I sent Dlink an email to the support team and still waiting but thought let me try another avenue while waiting for their response.

Hope there is a way otherwise IMF... >:( :o

Best regards,
Ragheb

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Manual Setup
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2016, 12:10:16 PM »

I would try phone support as you'll get more immediate results.

Love the camera, despise the setup procedure as it fails to work 50% of the time.

Manual setup instructions for the non-lobotomized:

• Power on camera
  • Wait for orange blinking light
  • Connect laptop to wifi name printed on the the instruction card
  • Login using the wifi password also printed on the card
  • Open web browser
  • Navigate to 10.255.255.1
  • Login to camera
  • Username admin
  • Password <blank>
  • Configure camera using web interface
  • Connect to wifi network of your choice without having to rely upon MyDlink applet discovery, which seems to fail regularly

These instructions should be included with the camera, I shouldn't have to figure them out for myself.
Hope this helps somebody else.

-Mojo

BadMojo, Great feedback and insight even though it is almost a year later but I just recently got the 2630L.
Is there any possibility of getting from Dlink the ability to access the cam as the one I received had the Quick Install Card missing and the label under the cam removed so I attempted to do the connection via WPS with my router and eventually got it to connect. However, when I try to sign on it forces me to enter the password in the Q-Card and I dont have a way of entering the cam password to connect to it since this info is missing.

I sent Dlink an email to the support team and still waiting but thought let me try another avenue while waiting for their response.

Hope there is a way otherwise IMF... >:( :o

Best regards,
Ragheb
[/quote]
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.
Pages: 1 2 [3]