• April 25, 2024, 07:59:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Channel width setting not saved to .gws file  (Read 1586 times)

MGP

• Level 1 Member
  • Never do today what you can put off til tomorrow!
Channel width setting not saved to .gws file
« on: November 01, 2010, 03:20:29 PM »

Hi All,

I had noticed that, after updating my firmware and uploading my configuration file, I was still only getting the "130 Mbps" speed when hovering over the wireless network icon.  I remembered the sticky at the top of this topic, so I went to the Channel Width setting (setup -> wireless settings -> manual wireless network setup) and it showed "20 Mhz". 

So, as a test, I again downloaded a configuration file (Tools -> System -> Save to Local Hard Drive ->save configuration) and re-uploaded it and it again reverted to 20Mhz. 

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw this up as an alert in case anyone experiences the problem again, even after changing their Channel Width to 40 Mhz.

By the way, anyone else find it kinda funny that "Mbps" is shown as an error when spell checking...on a network forum?   ;D

MGP

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. - Oscar Wilde