• April 16, 2024, 02:23:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: video and audio out of sync  (Read 5396 times)

userDSM510-DNS323

• Level 1 Member
video and audio out of sync
« on: February 15, 2009, 04:34:43 PM »

The audio on avi files goes out of sync with the video. I have found pausing or rewind can make the audio in sync again, then only go out of sync later in movie. With divx files this never happens. I am playing files over a hard wire connection from a dns510 running twonky media server. I had this same issue with the d-link media server on dns510.

pmjobe

• Level 2 Member
Re: video and audio out of sync
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 04:42:34 PM »

Same here......not every movie but random ones. Some of them I've even re-downloaded and it still does it where the audio is out of sync by a few seconds. Annoying as hell. Also have done the pause, restart a few times, funny sometimes it works and catches the audio up and or goes back to out of sync. No clue! Streaming issue??

arod

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 01:02:12 PM »

What firmware are you running? How long is the Ethernet cable? Do you experience the same issue over wireless connection?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 03:19:53 PM »

Are all of the file the same file type or does this happen with all different types mpeg, mpeg2, mpeg4, avi, wmv?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

pmjobe

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 08:48:59 PM »

I only have AVI files and it happens with only certain ones.......I've even dled different ones of the same files and it still does this........and of course I'm running the latest firmware 1.08........are these units EVER going to support H264 or MKV files?? Sure wish they did......thinking about going with a different unit. The new Westerd Digital Media Player pretty much plays everything under the sun. Wish Dlink would step it up a little with their product upgrades and support.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 02:13:22 PM »

The DSM-750 supports .h264 and mkv. The DSM-510 does not have the CPU the DSM-750 does to support .h264 and mkv.

Can you provide any details for the recoding details or settings used to create the .avi files you are having an issue with?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream