• April 26, 2024, 04:19:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Does the 1.04 firmware support DLNA?  (Read 17956 times)

davidmccormack

Does the 1.04 firmware support DLNA?
« on: February 08, 2008, 08:36:42 AM »

Does anyone know if the new firmware means that the DNS-323 will finally support UPnP AV clients that require DLNA to be implemented? It's clear from the 1.04 release notes that they've done some work in this general area, but they don't specifically mention DLNA which is a bit of a cause for concern.

I really hope it does because there's a PS3 somewhere with my name on it if so!

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: Does the 1.04 firmware support DLNA?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 10:11:57 AM »

Does anyone know if the new firmware means that the DNS-323 will finally support UPnP AV clients that require DLNA to be implemented? It's clear from the 1.04 release notes that they've done some work in this general area, but they don't specifically mention DLNA which is a bit of a cause for concern.

I really hope it does because there's a PS3 somewhere with my name on it if so!

Although the DNS-323 is not fully DLNA certified, it does follow the majority of DLNA compliance. We have tested 1.04 with the PS3 latest sw(2.10 I believe) and it does stream music, photos, and videos directly from the DNS-323 to the PS3.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 12:38:15 PM by D-Link Multimedia »

davidmccormack

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 12:27:01 PM »

That is wonderful news - I feel a purchase coming on.

Out of curiosity, I'll ask the obvious question: what exactly is preventing 1.04 from being fully DLNA certified? It seems odd to drop out of the marathon just as you enter the stadium with the roar of the crowd in your ears...

Although the DNS-323 is not fully DLNA certified, it does follow the majority of DLNA compliance. We have tested 1.04 with the PS3 latest sw(2.10 I believe) and it does stream music, photos, and videos directly from the DNS-323 to the PS3.

Hope this helps.

zelium

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 09:39:50 AM »

The DLNA protocol error (2114 or 2101) from the Playstation 3 is killing me.  I have searched all over to resolve this issue, however, it does not work.  I have the latest firmwares for both (1.04 for DNS-323, 2.20 for Playstation 3).  My Playstation 3 sees my DNS-323 (the name appears on XMB menu), however, when I chose it, I got a DLNA protocol error and nothing shows up.  My PS3 is connected wirelessly and I have no problem to connect to the Internet with the PS3.  I forward all the possible ports by the information I got from the net to the PS3 and add my PS3 to DMZ in my router setting. BTW, I use a Linksys WRT54G wireless router and upgrade the firmware of the router yesterday to see if it makes any difference.

My conclusion over the last few weeks of research (and doing) is that once you get DLNA error from the PS3, there is no solution (there might be some lucky guys who don't have problems.  I hope I am wrong.

I was excited that the DNS-323 and the PS3 can get along.  Now I give up. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 09:44:11 AM by zelium »

stripio

work in ps3 but so many risk
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 02:37:25 PM »

have solution is hacking the machine but is not recommended because is possible break the machine. ::)
if you need to make that  follow the link:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3media&thread.id=47398

Junkyboy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 07:07:06 PM »

I can confirm that it was working with 1.04 an earlier PS3 firmware. Now with 1.05 and PS3 firmware 2.35 I just get error 2114. Mediatomb on my other server just keeps on working no matter what PS3 firmware.

iampedro

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 04:18:10 PM »

Hope this helps.

Will you ever certify the DNS-343 or 323 for DLNA with the Newer firmware?