• March 28, 2024, 03:50:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem Opening Ports  (Read 10175 times)

mamv

• Level 1 Member
Problem Opening Ports
« on: November 13, 2008, 04:09:19 AM »

Hi there,

I'm having problems setting up the port forward for emule.

I've tried both virtual server and port forwarding without any success.

Even with DMZ its not working.

If I plug in my previous router, with the port foward configurated it works immediatly.

Is there anything I'm missing here?

Kind Regards,
Manuel Vidigal

Capt Spalding

• Level 1 Member
Re: Problem Opening Ports
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 06:23:40 AM »

Turn on UPnP in eMule. make sure your forwarding the exact same ports for the program and the router.

Had the same problem when i went to this router until i turned on the UPnP in eMule.

mamv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 07:04:31 AM »

I have it turned on. But it doesn't work.

I'm using port 4662 for both TCP and UDP.

Using this link http://www.whatsmyip.org/ports/ if I have my old router plugged in it works fine for port 4662. When I plug DIR-855, it always times out.

I had several routers untill now, and this has never happened before. Really strange how DMZ is not working. I found out some foruns where people with DIR-655 are complaining about the same issue.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Wal_

• Product Managment
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 11:17:21 AM »

I have it turned on. But it doesn't work.

I'm using port 4662 for both TCP and UDP.

Using this link http://www.whatsmyip.org/ports/ if I have my old router plugged in it works fine for port 4662. When I plug DIR-855, it always times out.

I had several routers untill now, and this has never happened before. Really strange how DMZ is not working. I found out some foruns where people with DIR-655 are complaining about the same issue.

Am I the only one with this problem?

check you log file, what does it say when you try to initiate a connection?
The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 01:40:11 PM »

IF you create rules in both the virtual server and port forwarding they will overlap and cause neither to work. Same goes for the DMZ.

mamv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 03:18:22 AM »

Hi guys thanks for your help.

When I tryed them, it was one at a time (with the others disabled).

Now, after some reboots I was able to get High ID on eMule.

I have Virtual Server redirecting port 4662 to IP 192.168.0.100.

The Log Message:
"UPnP added entry 255.255.255.255 <-> 195.23.104.236:4662 <-> 192.168.0.100:4662 TCP timeout:-1 'eMule TCP'"

For what I can understand its UPnP that is opening the port, is like the Virtual Server is not doing anything. Do I have to disable UPnP in order to use Virtual Server or Port Forwarding?

Thanks in advance.

Capt Spalding

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 10:40:31 AM »

I think the problem is, you wanting to do it your way, when the answers have been given.

FIRST why are you using the same port numbers for BOTH TCP AND UDP?  That's not even the default for the program.

This will be my last entry into this thread, it already seems a waste of time to reply.

CHANGE eMule UDP to 4672.

GO to Port Forwarding and for application name select eMule; click the button to the left of that name to set it into the open field. 

Then Select the Computer Name and set that the same way, (192.168.0.100 by your info.) SAVE SETTINGS

Make sure you have uPnP enabled in emule/options/connection/client port.  This isn't rocket science to this.

ONCE it connects then change the ports to what you want. WHY your flooding 4662 with both packets seems beyond my understanding.

thetoad30

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 10:08:10 PM »

Why don't we try a little tact and help instead of insults?

It's not like this guy has repeatedly ignored requests or was rude. He's trying. Let him try, and if you have a suggestion, give it.

Don't be rude. It helps no one and just makes you look bad.

Capt Spalding

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 01:55:12 AM »

you type the way you want to toad and i'll just type the truth

KasperDK

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 05:07:56 AM »

Hi all

I have the exact same problem as the original poster. I've also tried to chance from forwarding ports to using virtual server and tried a number of different ports.

I don't use eMule, but I have a Synologi Diskstation. On a diskstation you have to forward three ports, one for TCP, one for UDP and one more for UDP for KAD network.

Unfortunately Diskstation does not support UPNP which seemed to work for the original poster. Therefore I cannot use UPNP for configuring my router so any other suggestions to how I can upon the necessary ports will be much appreciated.

Best regards

Kasper