• March 28, 2024, 01:03:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Windows Home Server add-in and DCS-930L  (Read 8835 times)

lorenzo71

• Level 1 Member
Windows Home Server add-in and DCS-930L
« on: January 21, 2011, 10:10:30 AM »

I understand that the 930 is not in the list of supported cameras for the WHS add-in. However, I am hoping this is just because it was released later than the add-in. I got the camera to work and can see the feed from it's web admin page. However I am not able to add the camera to the whs add-in. When I try, there is no 930 option in the listbox of models. So I pick DCS-920, and add the login info. The software correctly complains that the camera is actually a 930L and offers to change the model. When I agree however, the authentication fails (wrong user name/password). (of course I did confirm they are correct by connecting directly to the camera).

Are there any tricks to get it to work?

Is a WHS add-in update on the way to provide compatibility with the DCS-930L?

I would appreciate any pointers. I bought three of the DCS-930L and I am happy with the camera features but they are going straight back if I can't get them to work with my Windows Home Server.  :(
Thanks!

Lorenzo

dlk-eagle

• Level 1 Member
Re: Windows Home Server add-in and DCS-930L
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 05:07:52 PM »

I second this request.

theb0neman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 01:19:21 PM »

Andything further on this? Would really like to get this working on WHS. Anyone had any success doing so? Thx.

JmC

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 06:46:38 AM »

I would also like to use the WHS with this camera. I am hoping it is a question of time since this is a new camera, so maybe they'll update the software, but it's anyone's guess if they are going to do that.

If any one is able to make it work, please let us know.

Maybe 3rd party software made for WHS???

three_jeeps

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 06:52:48 AM »

Have you checked with the M$ website?

After encountering two similar road blocks with WHS, I ditched it, installed a Linux server, set up Samba shares and now this wonderful machine is my web server, FAX server, Postfix mail server, has all the standard network services, and also runs my home security system (which I have integrated the video feed from three 930 and can manage them with ZoneMinder. 
I could never have done this with WHS without *lots* of headaches.
I use Ubuntu Server.  RH, Susise, also have nice server packages. 
You may want to consider this approach.

Leif Stinnette

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 06:38:39 AM »

Have you checked with the M$ website?

well, how to checked with the website?

dw886

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 09:41:52 AM »

I'm looking for the same thing (DCS-930L + WHS Add-in functionality). 

I'm not sure what checking the Microsoft website will do in this scenario, as this D-Link D-ViewCam Windows Home Server add-in was created by D-Link, and the DCS-930L Camera that's incompatible with the add-in is also made by D-Link. 

That being said, this is a question for D-link:
  • Is it possible to use teh DCS-930L with the D-Link D-ViewCam Windows Home Server Edition add-in?

If I can't find the answer to this question, or figure out a way to make it work, I'm taking my 3 DCS-930L's back to the store...

theb0neman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 09:29:19 AM »

Anything further with this? Are there plans to add the 930L? Anyone know a different wasy of using WHS for this? Thx.