• March 28, 2024, 12:28:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: MYDLINK SUPPORT?  (Read 8834 times)

sddjd

• Level 1 Member
MYDLINK SUPPORT?
« on: June 27, 2011, 11:06:03 AM »

Per previous post, thus far MyDlink has been completely unresponsive.  

HOW does one contact MyDlink support?  Hopefully a mod can either post or PM.  

So far I've phoned, emailed, submitted problem reports via the web interface, etc.  ZERO response other than a "we'll respond shortly" which is ironically the same phrase used when registering on the laughable MyDlink registration page.  

Phone support essentially told me to try a different email address in the setup, and to try without caps.  After that was literally told to provide feedback when asked and hung up.  Excellent.

My original CD wouldn't read (as can happen), so the CD install was downloaded.  The install will not get past the ActiveX installation in spite of the fact that all UAC is disabled (W7 x64) and all internet and intranet settings in IE9 are set to allow ALL activex operations.  This is a great state of affairs in which to have one's browser btw.  

Is DLink support truly this horrendous?  This isn't even a technical issue, but a failure of the registration system in sending a confirmation. Their system manages to send me confirmations of support submissions, and I actually smiled when the request for feedback on the "support" offered came in....

Edit [Thx Java]
Camera model is DCS-932L.  Cam works flawlessly in-network, but no external access due to MyDlink non-reg.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:26:29 PM by sddjd »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: MYDLINK SUPPORT?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 11:43:14 AM »

What model camera are you having trouble with?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

sddjd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 07:34:29 AM »

Update:

Four days after failing to receive a registration confirmation via MyDlink and multiple emails to support@dlink.com I received the following:

Due to the complex nature of your request, it is best if you speak with a live technician to resolve the issue. Please call technical support which is available 24/7 to serve your needs.

"Complex nature"?  I bought your product, followed your instructions, registered as required, and the nature of my issue is complex???  Phone supports' suggestion was to type in lower case and to use the cd.... astounding, what a breakthrough solution.  Further, had the brilliant author of this sage advice even looked at the case ref# he/she might have seen that phone support already wasted my time with their "read the manual" suggestions.

Frankly, I'm embarrassed for DLink that such a farce is called product support. What should have been a quick 30 second process and a satisfied customer has now become an assurance that my business, family, friends, and any individual with whom I ever discuss hardware will be steered away from ANY DLink product.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 09:27:05 AM »

Assuming your camera is under warranty, did technical support walk you through the issue? They will stay on the phone and provide directions for resolving your problem.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

TheNinthPlayer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 04:41:20 PM »

I am experiencing this same problem.