• March 28, 2024, 06:56:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Connectivity and Date  (Read 3635 times)

Ilsa

Connectivity and Date
« on: November 11, 2008, 09:26:45 PM »

Greetings,

I help out around a home office which uses a WBR-2310 with Hardware Version: A1, Firmware Version: 1.04.

We have problems from time to time with the connectivity, it seemed to have passed for a while but is back and worse than ever, resetting our connection so frequently that we can't actually get any work done.

First, the router seems to think we're perpetually at Apr/01/2002. I've set the date to be correct on several occasions and it seems to revert back to Apr/01/2002 on the next router reboot.

DHCP Server is enabled.
I noticed it was set to refresh/release all DHCP addresses every 90 minutes or something short like that so I changed it to release 10080. WE have our DHCP addresses set to be ranging 100-199 with all of our regular normal computers set up to claim addresses between 2 and 99. With this, we can avoid ip conflicts with guest computers that visit our office and avoid hassle from silly hardware that may not let us specify an IP address to use.

DHCP RESERVATION is not enabled.
We have 8 machines connected right now. Most of them are "unknown" for some reason, I'm not sure how to make the computers all identify themselves to the network.

I've been systematically floating around the tiny office and making sure that the individual machines aren't asking for the same IP.

Is there anything we can do to fix the router's stability? We've got a major deadline we're working on and we really are having a hard time getting anything done as we cannot keep communication with our contractors due to the connection going haywire. I'm nervous about flashing the firmware to 1.05, as a complete downtime could be catastrophic.

XPhile

• Level 1 Member
Re: Connectivity and Date
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 10:02:54 AM »

Hello;

I to had the same problem with my Dlink WBR 2310.  It would disconnect during downloading or when another computer logged into the network or when it was raining. 

But I found a rock solid solution.

The solution that worked for me.........updated the DLink WBR 2310 with DI-624 firmware version 4.04 dated Mon, 14 July 2008.

That was one month ago with no resets!!!!!!

I would recomend this upgrade.

You'll find the DI-624 firmware here:
http://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/Router/DI-624/Firmware/Rev%20D/
(save the file that ends with ".bin".)