• March 28, 2024, 04:00:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: DCS-825L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 103085 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-825L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 04:50:53 AM »

Maybe Iīm wrong , but if i register the camera to the Cloud, the you allways can access the camera remotly.
So if I would like to let my grandparents see my child, I give them my login to the cloud, then they can access this all the time thru the Dlink baby app (and maybe I donīt whant this)
Therefor I whould like to have, for example a checkbox "broadcast throu cloud".

I think what you're asking for would have to be managed from within the mydlink service itself, not the firmware of the particular devices registered with mydlink. Each mydlink account has only one login for access and management, so the issue you are raising is shared amongst all D-Link devices registered with mydlink, not just the DCS-825L. There are requests on the mydlink board in this forum to provide a mydlink guest login account that can be enabled/disabled -- although I can't say if such a concept will ever be implemented.  :-\
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 04:52:22 AM »

The following DCS-825L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DCS-825L D-Link forum community. This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-825L Wishlist

• General - Web UI interface similar to other D-Link Cloud cameras
  • Settings - NTP - Option to specify alternate NTP server
  • Settings - NTP - Synch date/time with NTP server

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

igoramadas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 07:06:49 AM »

I tried replying to the app thread but it's locked.

Any plans for a Windows Phone app? The OS is growing and in some countries in Europe it has surpassed 10% market share (reaching 20% in a few). So I guess it's about time to treat WP as a solid user base instead of a small, specific niche.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 08:20:24 AM »

I tried replying to the app thread but it's locked.

Any plans for a Windows Phone app? The OS is growing and in some countries in Europe it has surpassed 10% market share (reaching 20% in a few). So I guess it's about time to treat WP as a solid user base instead of a small, specific niche.

The intent of the app thread on this board is to provide users with a  description and download link for the app, not post questions/comments. A new dedicated child board is being planned off of this board that will be dedicated to the DCS-825L mobile app. If the other D-Link mobile apps are any indicator, apps for Android/iPhone are usually released first, followed by other platform support -- we'll have to wait and see...

putte79

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2014, 10:48:51 AM »

I think what you're asking for would have to be managed from within the mydlink service itself, not the firmware of the particular devices registered with mydlink. Each mydlink account has only one login for access and management, so the issue you are raising is shared amongst all D-Link devices registered with mydlink, not just the DCS-825L. There are requests on the mydlink board in this forum to provide a mydlink guest login account that can be enabled/disabled -- although I can't say if such a concept will ever be implemented.  :-\

Ok, thanks.
I have one more, and that is the framerate, right now itīs low, and in 720p itīs really bad.
I use dlink Dir-655 router.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 11:19:25 AM »

Ok, thanks.
I have one more, and that is the framerate, right now itīs low, and in 720p itīs really bad.
I use dlink Dir-655 router.

It's hard to say whether what you're experiencing is a network issue. I would re-post this issue as a regular thread and see how other DCS-825L users weigh-in with throughput. As far as the mydlink service is concerned, I can definitively say that resolution and frame rate will be higher if you are viewing a live feed from mydlink on your LAN versus an external network.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 11:19:39 AM »

The following DCS-825L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DCS-825L D-Link forum community. This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-825L Wishlist

• TBD

pri77y

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2014, 05:43:37 AM »

Hi,
First at all the should definitly correct the push notification issues as the notif are not working on Apple products when the app (mydlink baby camera monitor) is on background.... that is the main feature of the camera and it doesn't work!!!???  >:( :( :o

Then it should by possible to connect to the camera from the internet (port forwarding for example...) without using mydlink.com  ....Honestly I don't trust this kind of connections... who tells you that they are not able to connect to your camera and see you at home!!!???  >:(

bhillou

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 07:18:58 AM »

Here's my wishlist, in priority order :

- Fix the bug that leaves the bottom LED on even when LED are turned off, this makes the camera unusable for all wall mounts (and as a wall mount is provided this should be a lot of users)
- Speed up the mobile app (it seems it's the web pages being served by the camera that are slow, or maybe some kind of relaying through the dlink cloud ?)
- Fix the UI for the temperature sensor since there is no (documented) way to turn temperature sensing off in the app, but there seems to be one through mydlink
- It is already in the list but the Web UI link on other dlink cameras would be fantastic to have back (it seems some of the CGIs are already there such as eng/admin/adv_wizard.cgi or eng/admin/tools_firmware.cgi
- Make the app display in portrait mode, not only in horizontal mode (link it is the case in the mydlink lite app)
- In general, offer the same configuration options on mydlink and the app.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 04:31:00 AM »

Hi,
First at all the should definitly correct the push notification issues as the notif are not working on Apple products when the app (mydlink baby camera monitor) is on background.... that is the main feature of the camera and it doesn't work!!!???  >:( :( :o

Then it should by possible to connect to the camera from the internet (port forwarding for example...) without using mydlink.com  ....Honestly I don't trust this kind of connections... who tells you that they are not able to connect to your camera and see you at home!!!???  >:(

Added to the wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 04:36:20 AM »

Here's my wishlist, in priority order :
- Fix the UI for the temperature sensor since there is no (documented) way to turn temperature sensing off in the app, but there seems to be one through mydlink
- Make the app display in portrait mode, not only in horizontal mode (link it is the case in the mydlink lite app)

- Fix the bug that leaves the bottom LED on even when LED are turned off, this makes the camera unusable for all wall mounts (and as a wall mount is provided this should be a lot of users)

D-Link is looking into the first item. More to come. . .

- Speed up the mobile app (it seems it's the web pages being served by the camera that are slow, or maybe some kind of relaying through the dlink cloud ?)

Would you be more specific? Are you referring to a lag between the live video and the time it takes for the video to reach the mobile device? If you are viewing a live feed via the Internet there will be an inherent lag from a few to several seconds.

- In general, offer the same configuration options on mydlink and the app.

This request is too vague. None of the D-Link apps have 100% of the features on mydlink synchronized exactly with the mydlink service.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 04:37:40 AM »

DCS-825L Wishlist

• Image/Video - Portrait display support
  • Mobile App - Control to disable temperature sensor
  • Notifications - Enable push notification when mobile app is on in the background

• TBD

bhillou

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 12:30:18 PM »

Thanks !

D-Link is looking into the first item. More to come. . .

This is great news ! I hope they can reproduce it and solve it, because that's my main problem with the device right now.

Would you be more specific? Are you referring to a lag between the live video and the time it takes for the video to reach the mobile device? If you are viewing a live feed via the Internet there will be an inherent lag from a few to several seconds.

Sure I can be more precise. I'm talking about the submission time to save any setting Also there is a problem with some of the screens that are in landscape mode (like the events screen where if you are at the bottom of the settings and click apply, on my iPhone I have to scroll up to see the "Saving" popup, otherwise I have no feedback at the bottom of the screen).

This request is too vague. None of the D-Link apps have 100% of the features on mydlink synchronized exactly with the mydlink service.

Well here I'm mostly surprised of the UI differences. The events UI is completely different on the app and the mydlink settings. As both are web screens it seems it would be easier to maintain the same UI than two different ones. And on my DCS-942l the settings simply direct me to the camera's WebUI which is fine for me, if I had the same thing for my DCS-825l I'd be happy, I don't really need to set advanced settings remotely.

Last but not least thanks a lot for communicating with us, it's really great to know that our feedback is valued !

Regards,
  Serge Huber.

bhillou

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2014, 11:11:06 PM »

Since there is (for the moment at least) no dedicated forum for the apps, here's one thing I think needs correcting on the iPhone/iPad app :

- Make sure that "remember me" actually remembers the user, even if he quits the app and comes back, or if he's on another network. I'm constantly getting deconnected from mydlink and have to log back in.

This problem also existed on early versions of the mydlink lite and mydlink+ apps but was corrected in later versions. So correcting this would be a big improvement to the app I believe :)

Best regards and thank for this board,
  Serge Huber.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2014, 06:23:01 AM »

Since there is (for the moment at least) no dedicated forum for the apps, here's one thing I think needs correcting on the iPhone/iPad app :

A dedicated DCS-825L App board is planned for the near future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6