• April 27, 2024, 11:17:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: FYI: UPnP and PS3 system-It's Sony's issue!!!  (Read 1993 times)

Eric-Tom

• Level 1 Member
FYI: UPnP and PS3 system-It's Sony's issue!!!
« on: March 20, 2011, 08:18:46 AM »

Hi,
I posted a question regarding PS3 not seeing the NAS and I had to to refresh the UPnP eveytime I need to watch something on PS3 before... For some reason I cannot find that thread... so, this is a new thread for the same issue.

The issue is NOT DNS-323. I talked to people who own DNS-323 and PS3s and anyone who updated the PS3 software recently will have the issue. In fact, now I found a way to slove the issue some what.

1. turn on the PS3 search for the NAS and it will not be there
2. turn off and turn back on PS3 within two min and search for the NAS and it will show up

I already made a compliant to Sony Canada I have not heard from them. So again, it is SONY's PS3 that is causing the problem and ALL my friends who updated their PS3 software have this issue and other UPnP unable devices such as WD-Live TV seems to find the DNS-323 with no problem at all.

I am so happy I don`t have to return my DNS-323 after all the setup I did.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:38:48 AM by Eric-Tom »
DIR-825(Main Router)
DIR-655(Used as a wireless access point to extend the coverage)
DGS-1005G 5-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch
DNS-323 NAS with 2 WD 1.5TB in Standard 2 volume set up
PS3, my own server and 5 other computers on the network with BlackBerry 9700 and iPod on wifi