• March 28, 2024, 03:22:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Webpage not found  (Read 3081 times)

Ivo

• Level 1 Member
Webpage not found
« on: February 13, 2011, 02:33:04 PM »

Sometimes the admin webpage cannot be found. Only after a reboot is the page available.
This seems to happen everytime I have used my PopCorn Hour to watch a film.
Never had this issue before. Nothing has change in the configuration except I installed a second harddisk. (volume_2)
I use FW 1.07.

Anyone any idea were I should start looking?

Joke

• Level 2 Member
Re: Webpage not found
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 04:17:00 PM »

If you have them  both (PCH and NAS) set to get IP by DHCP, it's possible the PCH is taking the IP usually given to the NAS. If your link to the NAS is by IP you may be looking at the wrong address.

You can get around this by assigning a static IP to the NAS. Make sure you choose an IP outside the DHCP area.

Ivo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 03:10:55 PM »

Both have static IP addresses. I can ping both. No problem. I can also access the drives and its content from my PC or the PCH. Just the freeking webpages is inaccessible??

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 03:22:21 PM »

Are you using the torrent downloader? I know that this has been the known cause of this before. I believe we are updating the BT files with 1.10 to fix this. You should atleast update to 1.08 and install the new BT downloader if you are in fact using it.

Ivo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 11:37:27 AM »

I did the upgrade. Everything seems to work now. I have been watching my movies and was still able to open (and use) the admin webpage from different PC and Laptops with different Operating systems.
Thanks for your advise  ;D

incaico

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 09:57:09 PM »

Running 1.09 with the latest BT.  BT works perfectly, when I can log into de webpage still does not come up on my PC (Win7) but it works find on my MacBook Pro.  It began failing a couple of months ago when it took some time to come up.  Now it does not come up at all unless I reboot it.  I can see the drives from explorer and finder with no issues.

What is the deal?  Will 1.10 fix this? :-\
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:05:53 PM by incaico »

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 03:25:38 AM »

If it works on your Mac, but not your PC, then there is something wrong with your PC, not the NAS.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.