• May 17, 2024, 02:41:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: What happened to recording to a Samba drive in firmware 1.05?  (Read 7861 times)

chriscic

• Level 1 Member
What happened to recording to a Samba drive in firmware 1.05?
« on: December 04, 2011, 08:23:36 PM »

:'(

I just upgraded my DCS-1130 to firmware 1.03, and much to my chagrin the "Recording" tab has been replaced by a "Video Clips" tab and there is no longer any option to record to a Samba drive!

Really D-Link?  Really?  I downloaded the latest manual, and page 32 still includes the record to Samba feature.

I hope I am missing something.  You can't just remove a feature like that without any warning... my camera is now useless to me until this gets resolved.  I don't know of any way to download old firmware.

Kizan

• Level 1 Member
Re: What happened to recording to a Samba drive in firmware 1.05?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 07:10:50 AM »

Gonna have to agree with this. It's bogus to remove a feature like this WITHOUT even a warning. Esp when mydlink.com NAGS you every time you login to upgrade the firmware on your camera.

I thought firmware was usually to upgrade hardware and ADD features not remove them. I BOUGHT the stupid things so I DIDN'T have to setup an TOTALLY insecure FTP server and blab my password to the whole network.

Thanks for making life less helpful.   >:(

Signed,

Angry Customer AKA Kizan

Kizan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 07:13:12 AM »

Oh, also not so awesome that the emulator on the website is also firmware v1.0 and still shows SAMBA as a choice! I JUST purchased these cams because the emulator show this very feature! Grrrrrr......

Kizan

kesims22

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 08:58:44 AM »

And... the fact that there is a limit to the size of the video clip being generated. I have used the recordings to solve disputes between my children and I no longer have the full motion recording. Unless I am missing something? I am pretty close to downgrading the firmware to get the video capture back without the hard limit.

Signed,

Disappointed customer

chriscic

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 09:56:29 AM »

Yes, sorry to say DLink but you are screwing your customers and this makes me think you don't know what you are doing.

To DLink's credit actually they did send me a link to the old firmware, so I should be able to go back to that although haven't tried yet.  HOWEVER, I also recently purchased a 932L, and see SAMBA recording is not there either.

DLink (or somebody), please explain how I am supposed to record video upon motion detection now?  My guess is that I am supposed to use the DViewCam software, but 1)I haven't figured out how to do that yet (if you can even do it), 2) it won't let you record to a network drive as far as I can tell and 3) why do I have to take up CPU cycles running the software when the cameras themselves can handle it?

Dumb, dumb, dumb...

Makdaddy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 10:46:09 AM »

Yes, sorry to say DLink but you are screwing your customers and this makes me think you don't know what you are doing.

To DLink's credit actually they did send me a link to the old firmware, so I should be able to go back to that although haven't tried yet.  HOWEVER, I also recently purchased a 932L, and see SAMBA recording is not there either.

DLink (or somebody), please explain how I am supposed to record video upon motion detection now?  My guess is that I am supposed to use the DViewCam software, but 1)I haven't figured out how to do that yet (if you can even do it), 2) it won't let you record to a network drive as far as I can tell and 3) why do I have to take up CPU cycles running the software when the cameras themselves can handle it?

Dumb, dumb, dumb...

Can you pass on that link to the old firmware please

Thanks

Makdaddy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 11:08:56 AM »

Can you pass on that link to the old firmware please

Thanks

Found it

http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/downloads2008detail.asp