• May 11, 2024, 04:26:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-825 as access point - unknown device cant be removed  (Read 3290 times)

t0ggle

• Level 1 Member
DIR-825 as access point - unknown device cant be removed
« on: January 14, 2016, 01:38:53 PM »

So I am using a DIR-825 as an access point off of my main xfinity router and have an unidentified device connected on ethernet. Its listed as "android-f55ac10fbc846be5" and is connected as ethernet, wireless. I do not own any android devices so im not sure what this can be. I try blocking the ip / mac / etc on the xfinity router and for some reason it can not be blocked. It shows as blocked in the blocked devices but still remains in the connected device tab. So I tried disconnecting the Dlink router and the android device disappeared. This is odd because there is nothing connected to the D link's ethernet ports. I plug the Dlink back in and the android device immediately pops up. So first question is.. could the Dlink be the android device?? I dont think it is because the DLINK's IP address is not the same as the androids IP address. Could something connect wirelessly but show as ethernet? I have checked every ethernet access point in my house and there is nothing else connected which this could be. When i login to the Dlink i see no devices connected. The only thing I see in the dlink router page is a huge list of WISH sessions from the same IP address as the android with a different port on each session. I really dont know what any of that means and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DIR-825 as access point - unknown device cant be removed
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 02:00:47 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?

No, there are no android D-Link devices. However there could be a Android connected wirelessly to the 825 and while the 825 is working as a wired AP connected to the main host router, the 825 passes thru any connected device information to the main host router and since the 825 is wired to the main host router, the main host router sees the 825 and any connections to the 825, even if wireless, as a wired or ethernet connection.

Change the SSID and PW on the 825 and see if the Android still appears on the 825 while it's still connected to the main host router. Check the 825's wireless connections to see what is actually connected on the wireless there. Status/Wireless. It shows you the wireless devices connected to the 825.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.