The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DGL-4300

Can’t access DVR through router from internet

(1/3) > >>

Terryl:
I have the DGL-4300 and have a problem accessing my network DVR from the internet; I have tried forwarding the ports on the DVR in the router but still can’t access it, I tried all settings possible.

I have done a port forwarding check (PFPortChecker) and it shows the ports are still closed.

What am I doing wrong?

FurryNutz:
try setting SPI firewall to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UDP. Turn SPI Off to test. Does the DVR have access abilities from the Internet?

Terryl:
Yes the DVR had access to the internet at one time, but due to bandwidth restrictions I had to shut that off, now with my new ISP I have no restrictions and am trying to get it up and running again, I don't remember what I shut off, my old brain is not working too good lately.

If I turn the SPI off and it works can I leave it off?

Or would that open me up to everything that may be not wanted?

FurryNutz:
What DVR make and model is this?
What DVR service are you trying to connect too and use?

That would open you up to everything, you need to leave that one ON. If it's working with SPI off, then you need to assign a static reserved IP address for the DVR on the router. Then you need to call up the Mfr for this DVR or the DVR svc provider and ask them if there are specific Ports or any IP addresses it uses to communicate over the Internet and if you can get these port numbers, you need to put this into the Advanced/Application or the Advanced/Gaming rules so that the router will not not to block anything for this IP adderss for the DVR. Maybe they can help you with configuring the router too.

You could try this in meantime. Get the Static IP adderss set up for the DVR on the router.
Go into the router and use the Advanced/Gaming rule.
Give a name, i.e. DVR or something.
Enter in the IP address for the DVR that you gave it.
For:TCP Ports to Open :   0-65535
For UDP Ports to Open :  0-65535

Inbound filter: Allow All
Schedule: Always.

Once you find out the specific ports the DVR service uses, then change the TCP and UDP ports to be specific.

Let us know how this goes.

Terryl:
The DVR is a .264 (that’s all that is on it) 4 channel security camera recorder, the DVR service says “Web application Manager” the ports are “9000” for the media port and the web port is “5400”.

I have a fixed IP address on it; and I can access it on the network but not via the internet.

Now what port gets the “UDP” and the “TCP”?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version