• March 28, 2024, 09:20:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS 8100 always going off line  (Read 7564 times)

Kikki

• Level 1 Member
DCS 8100 always going off line
« on: September 07, 2019, 10:25:20 PM »

My DCS 8100 is always going off line. At first I thought it was due to issues with the wifi, but after much troubleshooting, have isolated it to the camera. I was away for two weeks, and it went off line the day I went away. With no intervention it came back on a week later. Then after three days it went offline again. When I got back, I  turned the camera off and tried to reboot and did not come back on line. Five hours later - bam - it just came back on line. Does anyone know what is causing this? Thanks K

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS 8100 always going off line
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 07:16:32 AM »

How far away is the camera from the router?

Have you tried moving the camera in the same room to see if it is a distance issue?

nettewurk

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 06:05:22 AM »

My problem with my Rev A1 v1.00 firmware inhibits the same as this one but after I got to disconnecting and connecting the power, the IR LED lit for a few seconds then turned off.  myDlink detected it offline.  I oboserved that after the IR LED turned off, the Power LED blinked for a time then turned off.  Can't find any comprehensive guide for this and my last option would be to reset it before it turns off.  Tried also using other AC power adapter with the same USB connector but exhibited the same problem.  Can my unit be repaired since the warranty already expired and I've just deployed this camera for less than 2 years I  believe.  Please help.
COVR/DIR/DCS/DNS/DHP/DWA/DRA/DSP

kable

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 02:46:24 AM »

Power or conection issue?

nettewurk

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 10:20:31 PM »

Possibly power issue.  Although I've received Fimrware upgrade notice so I hope that it has nothing to do with it if some of my household selected to upgrade it.  I'm deployed right now but once returned I'll check on it if hard reset would resolve the issue.
COVR/DIR/DCS/DNS/DHP/DWA/DRA/DSP