• April 23, 2024, 11:42:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Mysteriously Sites Being Blocked... SOLVED  (Read 3074 times)

xkelly

• Level 1 Member
Mysteriously Sites Being Blocked... SOLVED
« on: July 03, 2009, 08:27:29 PM »

Hi,

Hope someone has an idea on this...

Last night I was working on my various wordpress blogs which are hosted on lunarpages under a few of my own parked domains on a shared hosting server.  Around 11:30 PM, I lost access to all my sites, including my cpanel for the sites, but could get to the rest of the internet.

After some troubleshooting and whatnot, I found I could get to my sites from my iphone and from a computer at work that I remote'd into, but not from home.

I then connected my cable modem directly to my computer and found I could now get to the sites.

I reconnected the 655 and lost access to the sites. I disabled SPI and all was well again. 

What could cause this out of the blue? I've upgraded the firmware from 1.21 to 1.31--same problem. I've reset it to factory defaults--same problem. 

Is the 655 dying? I don't want to keep SPI disabled, but I need access to my sites. Any help would be appreciated.

Update: forgot to mention that I checked that all filtering options were disabled (I had never used them), they were.

Update 2: now even with SPI disabled, I can't get to the sites. I can't believe this.

Update 3: Okay, after some more mucking about (changing MTU, etc), I found by cloning my PC's MAC address, everything started working again.  I re-enabled SPI and things are still working.  So it seems Time-Warner changed something on their end--which wouldn't be the first time.  Otherwise how can I explain having a router for more than a year without cloning my PC's MAC address and then suddenly having to do it?  Whatever.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:28:17 PM by xkelly »

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
Re: Mysteriously Sites Being Blocked... SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 10:01:03 PM »

Make sure you power down the cable modem when switching from the PC to the router or you may not get a new IP from Time Warner.  You should not have to clone the MAC if you power down the cable modem.

criminalmind

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 02:03:19 AM »

I had the same problem on PPPoe with some websites.The fix: MTU 1400.

watermanjr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 01:15:16 PM »

Thank you for the help. TW must have done the same thing to me because I also had problems for a few days unable to connect to my own website and email. If I hadn't seen you solution, I'd still be stuck.