• March 28, 2024, 12:31:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 492792 times)

acellier

• Level 4 Member
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2014, 10:13:37 AM »

FTP upon motion detection needs to have positive selection and control of frame rate regardless of distance to the receiving server

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2014, 01:55:47 PM »

FTP upon motion detection needs to have positive selection and control of frame rate regardless of distance to the receiving server

What do you mean by "have positive selection"? Isn't frame rate covered under SETUP > FTP > Time Schedule (motion detection selected)? The controls seem to be there, do they still not work (i.e. legacy issue)?   :-\  ???
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 02:06:13 PM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

bollee

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2014, 11:51:11 AM »

I would like to have the option to perform a 90° rotation on the captured images (hence rotating the camera of 90° too). Otherwise said, I'd to be able to select between landscape (default) and portrait. It would be useful to optimize the field of view to certain scenes (narrow corridor for example).

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2014, 11:59:41 AM »

I would like to have the option to perform a 90° rotation on the captured images (hence rotating the camera of 90° too). Otherwise said, I'd to be able to select between landscape (default) and portrait. It would be useful to optimize the field of view to certain scenes (narrow corridor for example).

Added to the firmware wishlist. . .  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2014, 12:07:55 PM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Display full firmware version (including build) in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Option to include thumbnail sized logo on corner of all screenshots
  • General - SMB Support
  • Email/FTP - Ability to configure JPEG parameters for image quality
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Image/Video - Ability to rotate image at 90 degree intervals to accommodate cameras mounted in landscape versus portrait view
  • Image/Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Image/Video - Additional image settings (e.g. color, temperature, tint, Sharpness, etc.)
  • Image/Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Image/Video - Auto light exposure option
  • Image/Video - Digital image pan
  • Image/Video - Independent brightness settings for Day Mode and Night Mode
  • Motion Detection - More detailed grid (i.e. smaller boxes) to improve motion detection area selection
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Scheduling - Camera start/shut-down on a schedule
  • Scheduling - Reboot on a schedule
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Add ability to enable/disable HTTPS port
  • Security - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • Security - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • Security - Email log of successful and unsucessful access attempts
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Security - User and admin password lengths are too short
  • Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table
  • Status - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled, uptime, etc.)
  • Status - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • Status - Track and display total uptime and total running time
  • Time - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • Time - Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory
  • Time - Support for 24 hour time format
  • Time - Timezone changes should be immediately effective without a camera reboot (changes currently require a reboot)
  • Time - Use last known time following power failure
  • Time - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule [FIXED!]
  • General - Daylight savings time support [FIXED!]
  • General - Timezone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)  [FIXED!]
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner [FIXED!]

wawaba

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »

Hi JavaLawyer,

First thank you for your job.

My whish it's about a new feature with the FW 1.07, the great schedule feature for motion detection.
But something bothers me, why the calendar is so simple  :o with only 1 period for all the week ?

It would be a good idea to take the day/night calendar with a period for each day  ;D

++

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2014, 08:18:25 PM »

Hi JavaLawyer,

First thank you for your job.

My whish it's about a new feature with the FW 1.07, the great schedule feature for motion detection.
But something bothers me, why the calendar is so simple  :o with only 1 period for all the week ?

It would be a good idea to take the day/night calendar with a period for each day  ;D

++

This was already on the list:

• Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:20:05 PM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2014, 08:21:59 PM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - Display full firmware version (including build) in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - SMB Support
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Image/Video - Ability to rotate image at 90 degree intervals to accommodate cameras mounted in landscape versus portrait view
  • Image/Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Image/Video - Additional image settings (e.g. color, temperature, tint, Sharpness, etc.)
  • Image/Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Motion Detection - More detailed grid (i.e. smaller boxes) to improve motion detection area selection
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • Security - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table
  • Status - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled, uptime, etc.)
  • Status - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • Time - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • Time - Timezone changes should be immediately effective without a camera reboot (changes currently require a reboot)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

• Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes) [FIXED!]
  • General - Timezone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)  [FIXED!]
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner [FIXED!]

wawaba

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #263 on: January 23, 2014, 02:09:55 AM »

This was already on the list:

Ok, sorry I didn't see it  :P

Thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #264 on: January 23, 2014, 11:24:46 AM »

If you find any new features or bug fixes in the latest DCS-932L firmware v1.07b02 release that address any of the outstanding items on this wishlist, please post your findings so we can update the list!  ;)

Monval

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #265 on: January 26, 2014, 05:54:24 AM »

Hi,
I would add for motion detection: split the area in different windows and assign a specific sensitivity and a specific size for each window.

This helps when there are bright and dark areas in the field of view.

Thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #266 on: January 27, 2014, 05:01:41 AM »

Hi,
I would add for motion detection: split the area in different windows and assign a specific sensitivity and a specific size for each window.

This helps when there are bright and dark areas in the field of view.

Thanks

Added to the firmware wishlist...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #267 on: January 27, 2014, 05:03:38 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support
  • Motion Detection - Option to set unique sensitivity settings to each grid area in the motion detection configuration screen
  • Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table

• General - Timezone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)  [FIXED!]

ReverendTed

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #268 on: February 05, 2014, 08:39:29 PM »

This is a feature that's sorely missed.  My indoor cameras only switch to Day mode when sunlight is pouring in through the windows.  Under most circumstances in room lighting, if Night mode is deactivated, the color view of the room is perfectly fine, but there's no good way to force day mode without giving up support for switching to IR when it's actually dark.

The ability to encode video in h.264 would be super-duper, though I'm not sure that's feasible with a simple firmware upgrade.

ReverendTed

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #269 on: February 08, 2014, 05:55:12 PM »

I noticed from the 942L Firmware wishlist that the Day\Night threshold item had been addressed (via some sort of improved algorithm it seems).  I hope that's an encouraging sign that we may see a resolution of that.

Another wishlist item: similar to the "disable motion detection during Day\Night changeover", it'd be nice to cut the audio feed during the instant of the Day\Night changeover as well.  With the audio quality as it is, I frequently listen to the replay with the sound turned way up, but the clack of the IR filter is deafening.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20